Stocked

Isabella

'Ding Dong'

"What the hell." 

Looking at my clock it was 11 at night.  I didn't want to answer the door at 11 at night.  Who the hell knows who that could be.

'Ding Dong'  Who ever it was kept on ringing the door bell.

Maybe if I just ignore whoever they will go away.

'Ding Dong'

Ugh!  Finding a frying pan, have you ever watched the movie tangled.  Well she uses a frying pan to defend her self.  It could work for me too.

Holding the frying pan I stood behind my door, "Who is it?"  I asked hoping they would sound friendly instead their voices were muffled.

"Go away or I'm calling the cops."

"Ms. Stone, we won't hurt you." The voice yelled a little louder.

Sure says the man who is at my home at 11 at night and how the hell did he know my name?

"Well go away." My voice had quivered but remained strong.  I wasn't going to give them the satisfaction of scaring me.

"Mr. Saunders sent us."

Wait, what!  What did he say?  I must be still sleeping because I recall them mentioning his name.

Slowly opening the door I was met with two tall men smiling at me in colorful clothes, one wearing a mickey mouse hat and the other wearing pink flop flops with a bow on it, holding bags in their arms, "Can we come in, these bags are heavy."

Sure like a girl with her son at home alone will invite a couple of men into her apartment who are oddly dressed very colorful if you ask me.

Just then one man had stumbled a bit, the bag flopped forward as oranges and apples rolled on the floor.

"Are you going to beat me with fruits?"  I know that sounds ridiculous but nowadays people are crazy.

"No," The men attempted to hold the bag upright, "Please let us in."  The had sounded pitiful as they continue to hold the bags in their arms. You'd think for two tall strong men they would be able to handle bags in their arms without it falling. How do they think us women do it?

Opening the door I had let them in.  I don't know what in the right mind I would even think to invite them in but here they are, setting the bags on my counter as they had opened my fridge and cabinets, I watch them put food, lots of food in their respective places.

I'm sure if they wanted to kill me they'd probably force their way in.

My eyes widen, milk. tomatoes, four boxes of cereal and other snacks.

"Sorry Mr. Saunders didn't know what kind of cereal the kid eats so he had bought several."

He is one years old and doesn't eat breakfast cereal yet is what I wanted to say but kept my mouth shut.

Mr. Saunders.  My stomach was now growling as I had seen steak now in my freezer and salmon.  Oh my god, food!  Why does this feel like Christmas.  I could even almost feel myself salivating at the sight.

"Interesting outfits."

"Mr.Saunders idea. Thought if we came here in black suits you'd scream bloody murder and we didn't want to frighten the kid." They began to scour my small apartment. So the man does think once in a while.

"He is asleep at 11 at night." I replied though they hadn't ask.

"Okay then now we look foolish."