Debt

Isabella

When I had woken up this morning, I thought at this time of night I'd be just finishing a quiet dinner with Jack here while I watch him play with his toys.

Nope.  You'd think after what had happened just a few seconds ago he would turn around and walk out that door like nothing had  happened.

Instead with a careful watchful eye I watched him open my freezer box.

Do people have no consideration just to walk in to someone else's home and start searching through their cabinets.

Mr. Saunders took a deep breath probably feeling pity for me one emotion I very much hate, as my fridge was bare.

Though not a single word he spoke.  Instead he had pulled out my ice box placing it on the counter before shoving his right fist into my bucket of ice.

He had hiss in pain but said no word.

Not even when Jack was still crying in my arms holding me like he didn't want to let go.

"It's okay honey."  I rubbed his back.

He continued to sob and trembled and I couldn't even calm him down.

Jack's whole body was shaking.  What ever those people did had terrified him terribly.

"They are gone now okay."

"Mummy."  He heaved.

Mr. Saunders just glared at me and I refuse to make eye contact afraid I would be set on fire with the way he was just looking at me.

Leaning against my counter he remained silent.

"Um...are you just going to stare at me?"  I broke this awkward moment while bouncing a crying Jack in my arms.

I don't usually carry Jack so much because for a petite girl he was heavy and I had trouble just trying to hold him up.

Rising from his seat Mr. Saunders strolled towards me, his leather shoes were the only thing I could hear as he gently lifted Jack into his arms and began to bounce him like I had done just a few seconds ago.

To my surprise Jack had let him.

Where was this cold hearted jerk that I have known even if only for a few hours instead he almost seems as if he cares.

My eyes had soften making him smirk at me.

"I only did helped you so you'd owe me besides I don't want my secretary to be distracted because of a child."  He spoke coldly.  "And to make him stop that annoying cry of his."

I said almost right, he's still a cold hearted prick if you ask me.

"Well," taking Jack away from him, "If you think this was some kind of pity case you decided to take on, you better look for it else where because I don't need you to help me."  I opened the door for him, "Kindly leave my apartment."  I know I should be grateful but to know he didn't do this out of the kindness of his heart had upset me.

"What the heck are you doing? Is that anyway to talk to your boss?"

Boss?  Is he joking.  "Is this some kind of joke?"

"Do you see me laughing."  His eyes was now burning a whole in my face.

"Mr. Saunders are you telling me you are making me your secretary."  I don't know if I should be happy or scared at the moment.  This must be some kind of trick right.  Because Mr. Saunders doesn't make surprise visits to his employees home.  He must have an agenda.  "What's the catch?"