Christmas Eve

Isabella

The company Christmas part I could at least say it was successful on the other hand I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought.

My thoughts only wondered to my flamboyant of a boss. What can I say about him? I guess all my guesses of what was happening between us was nothing more than a lucid fairy tale. I thought for once he had liked me even if it is just a smidge.

Unfortunately last night has been seeming untrue. It all came crashing down when I had witness the two shared a longing kiss between ex husband and ex wife. But hey, who am I to judge. They were in love once I kept reminding myself. To him I am nothing more than just his PA.

And what I had seen I thought that was the worse part of that evening, yet I was again proven wrong when my eyes instantly followed the two towards the back.

A part of me wish that I didn't follow, in fact I waited for a good solid five minutes hoping the two would appear before me, they didn't so my feet on their own accord followed. I was his date wasn't I so I had my rights to follow even if it was nothing just but a date.

Three rooms that were in front of me, the party could be heard but it was far, until breathing less moan was heard on the left side of the room.

In my curiosity I had planted my ears on the door. Was it immature of me, sure but again I was merely curious.

"You like that huh." A breathless voice spoke belonging to none other than the great Dylan Saunders.

While I am out here waiting for him to at least come look for me he is in there with her. Perhaps they are getting back together.

At the end of the night when I finally spot him after minutes of being with her, I had notice the dishevel state he was in. He didn't notice that I notice so in the end I was to call it night.

I stop when he reminded me of Jack and I spending Christmas with him.

At first I wanted to say no, he'd probably be busy with her anyway so why would he want to spend it with me and single mother with a son.

Looking at his hopeful expression, I couldn't help but say yes.

So here I am on a Saturday. Jack is with Mrs. Louis while I finished a paper on line for school. Only about one more year that I graduate then I could quit being his PA and start up my own small cafe as I wanted to. That was my plan in the beginning. And I am not changing, not even for him.

At first I thought I could be his PA full time but after last night I could end what ever Dylan and I have. It was just meaningless flirtations.

*****

Before I knew it, it was Christmas. Dylan is here helping me pack some of the gifts I had gotten. Some for his staff as well.

"Why are you so quiet today?" Dylan noticed. All day today I couldn't meet his eyes.

"Just classes, exams are coming up?" I lied. Exams are not till next month.

"I see. Well if you need any help." He offered.

Arriving at his home with Jack I was in awe. It was the first time I had been to his home and it was decked out in lights. I wonder what his electricity bill are?

His staff greeted me with a smile.

"So this is the famous Isabella we have heard so much about." An elderly lady smiled, "I'm Nelly the house keeper and this is my husband Drake the chef and this must be little Jack. He is so adorable." Nelly beamed taking Jack out of my hands.