Closure

Dylan

Watching Jack in my backyard riding the gift I bought him, he laughed as Bella taught him how to drive.

That car was a hassle because I had to assemble it. One hour. That is how long it took me to assemble it. I was ready to give up and wanted to burn the damn thing. Thankfully Asher visited me that day bearing his own gifts and when he had seen me frustrated he offered to help.

Picture two grown man arguing over which screw driver to use.

After fighting for the parts Bella intruded and began reading the directions. Both of us looked at her as we had no need for directions right. But there she was reading and in the end she had built the damn thing by herself.

Stupid toys. Next time I'll just buy them already assemble.

Now Jack is happy he get to ride his brand new toy while I was busy taking pictures. I had wanted this for a long time. A family of my own. I had a family but both my parents died when I was young all because of a drunk driver and Bella I don't know much about her family. Only I know is she has a drunk of a dad who by the way was kicked out but his own daughter. I wanted to ask her the reason but I didn't want to spoil the mood. And Jack she is a great mother and I am impressed she is able to care for him.

Just then my cell dinged as I open my text message, 'Babe, Merry Christmas come here I have a surprise for you.' Ugh Ivy. I hate her surprises and I didn't want to go. I am still upset she sent the video to Bella after I had told her not to.

It's a good thing Bella understood. Well I hope she did.

Another ding was heard. "Dude, whose that?" Asher handed me a bottle of soda.

"Ivy." I spat her name.

"What the hell does she want?"

Opening her text, 'Come now or you will regret it.'

"She wants me to go to her."

"And are you?"

My shoulders slump, I didn't want to. Why would I when I can be here enjoying the giggles of Jack and Bella infectious smile.

"Don't tell me you are going? Dude, if you go Ivy might get you into her clutches again."

I had told Asher all about what had happened between Ivy and I down to what happened yesterday. "And if I don't go who knows what kind of damage she will cause. It's time to put an end to this and to fire her from my company."

"Babe." I called Bella only for her to look up at me. I could see her cheeks turning all sorts of red at the name I just used to call her with. "There are some urgent matters I have to take care off."

She looked at me skeptically like she didn't believe me. "I promise I will be back in one hour. Asher here will keep you company."

Nodding her head, I kissed her lips gently and left. I could get use to this.

Arriving at Ivy's home, the door was open and I reluctantly walked in only to find Ivy in a woman tight fighting Mrs. Clause dress. "Merry Christmas honey." She flung her body at me but I quickly moved aside.

"Ivy what is this all about?" I asked impatiently.

"Us silly, you me and or child here." She rubbed her stomach.

"I told you, your child is not mine."

Ivy eyes sparkled every time she gets an idea, "Not if everyone thinks this child is yours."

"What are you talking about?"

"We were married and all I need to tell everyone is I am carrying your next heir."

I pinched the bridge of my nose, "Ivy we only slept once, and you are more than a month pregnant."

"Wrong Dylan, you gave me a job at your company. I made sure everyone would see me go in and out of your office. And our time in New York?"

"Nothing happened in New York." I growled.

"That is not what everyone is going to think. And what about Bell, if I tell her I am carrying your child..."

"Leave her out of this." I barked. "She won't believe such lies."

"Oh really. She saw the video of me and you, honestly do think she wouldn't believe we slept together prior to that video."

My eyes shot open as I was now gripping her neck. How easy it would be for me to strangle her, "And the fucken video. Do you honestly think she would believe your lies. She believed me when I told her the truth."

She was now gasping for air as I let her go only to watch her slump to the floor. "Dylan, just claim my child as yours please."

This again. "Go to Barry."

"No...I know you still love me."

"How many times do I tell you I don't love you anymore."

"No, you still do otherwise why would you come to my home."

"Because you blackmail me and threaten my family."

"You're family." She screamed, "They are not your family, I am. Who was there when you started your business, I was. Who was there when your older brother left you nothing, I was. I was there for everything, all your sadness, all your up and downs, everything."

I stood frozen thinking while she was now in front of me, her face inches from mine, her arms around me.

"Please Dylan, you still love me. You are just using her to forget about me. Don't forget all the fun times we had."

True we had many more happy memories than sad ones. She was my best friend after all.

Gripping her arm tightly I removed them from me, but her smile, Bella's smile is all that I can ever remember. Her's and Jacks.

"I'm sorry Ivy. I don't love you." For some reason I felt relieve. My heart no longer beats for her.

"No, if you choose her over me, I will have her arrested for falsifying a document."

"That's the funny thing it wasn't her, it was I and if you do that I have a great lawyer on stand by."

I watch her huff as I turned my back around, "Ivy you no longer work for me."

Her voice shriek in my ears, "You can't do that. I'm pregnant with your child."

"Keep telling yourself that." I laughed as I walked out of her home. There was a time I would feel bad for the words I have said to her and possible me caving into her demands but I finally got the closure that I need. I no longer harbor her.

In fact I was more than excited to get home to be with the one person who makes me whole.