Story

Isabella

My lips were cracked from the lack of water and if I could see myself in a mirror I am sure they are blue.

Numb shocked my entire body as my skin were cracking and my tears into icicles. My blood running cold as my fingers and toes grew stiff. I could barely breath as frost escapes my mouth. It was cold, no cold does not describe it, it was freezing. By now my eyelashes are probably covered in frost as well as the drips from my nose. Scars had marred my skin and my head had throb but considering the circumstances I was in, I couldn't feel that pain. I was more focus on the thin piece of clothes I was wearing.

Sitting on this cold hard ground was worse as now my butt is in nothing but pain, the numbness that shot up like a giant freezing fucking Popsicle. I couldn't move, not when every inch of my body was solid stiff and if I try to move it's like my bones would crack.

I was hand cuff and surrounded by dead cows that hung from the ceiling. Granted they didn't smell thankfully but it was just swing back and forth while my cuffs just grazed the naked beef before me.

Who are these people? Voice I kept hearing all speaking in hush tones. It was all muffled behind that big metal door.

"Jack." My voice was hoarse. I left him outside, I do hope he is fine. And my dad. The last thing I said to him is how much I hated him.

Not one soul I have seen since I had woken up from this place and the cuffs were scrapping against my skin.

This room was lacking air. And the only light was coming from high above the ceiling which flickered off and on swaying back and forth screeching along it's chains.

Closing my eyes when the door had screeched open, maybe if I pretend to sleep they would leave me alone.

However that was not the case. The sound of a metallic chair was dragged, screeching across the floor.

Slowly peaking I found a man sitting across from me in a suit and a warm jacket just smiling at me.

"Welcome." He spoke.

I played the quiet game. "Are you not going to talk?" Though he seems to be smiling his eyes held a different emotion one that seems almost too terrifying to look at.

"If you are not going to talk I can make you not talk permanently." Snapping his fingers another man entered with pliers and a knife making sure he put a beam so the door stays open. It's as if I could almost feel the warmth from outside.

"I'll t..t...t...talk." I quickly stuttered too scared of what he was planning.

"You must be cold." He glowered at me, "Now tell me what is your name?"

"I...I...ss...a..be...ll...a." I managed to say but the scratchiness in my throat made it hard as I had pulled my knees closer to my body trying to keep myself warm.

Watching him nod his head, another man entered the room with a glass of water.

Grabbing it, I drank the water greedily but it was like drinking thorns.

"Better?"

I nodded my head. "Good, now last name?"

"St...tone. Why... am... I... here?"

"You don't get to ask the questions. Now I am here to tell you a story." He began. I didn't care if he told me a novel as long as it keeps him talking and not do anything further to me. I was not breathing hard or at least trying to breath and blowing air into my hands. Not working at all.

"Once upon a time there was this boy who met this young girl. At first they were just friends, she was lost and he was there to help her but over the years, the boy and this young girl fell madly in love with each other."