Scandal

Isabella

"Come here sweetie, mummy miss you." Jack excitedly ran up to me throwing his arms around me.

I miss his smell, his touch. "Thank you so very Much Mr..."

"Renold." Hi smiles cutely.

"Thank you Renold I do hope Jack was no trouble at all?"

"No, he was a sweet heart, him and my daughter got a long well."

"Is she upstairs sleeping?"

"Yes, but little Jack here, when I had told him you were coming home, he couldn't sleep."

"Well next time, I would like to set a play day with her if you don't mind."

"I would love that."

After picking up Jack from Renold, Dylan had his driver drop me home. He is after all avoiding me or maybe it is the other way around.

During our flight we sat in silence. I wish I could say it was a comfortable silence unfortunately that has been the most awkward silence I have ever been in.  Sure I have notice the glance look he kept giving me and the guilt in his eyes even when he tried to sleep. He kept moving in his sleep.

It wasn't any better for me because I am sure him and Ivy had to discuss something that is more important than me after all I am just his secretary. Who am I to tell him he couldn't go?

There were many times during the flight that I wanted to apologize for my behavior. It's not like me to feel jealous. However I thought it best not to say anything after all he not once apologized to me so why should I right.

Finally arriving home with Jack who was now fast asleep I stepped into my small apartment, "Dad!" I called out hoping he was here.

I had so much things to tell him. "Dad!" I entered the bedroom to find it strangely empty. As I can see no one has been here since I had left.

My heart was now beating at an increasingly high rate at the lost of my dad. Sure he hasn't been a dad to me for a while but he was still my dad. And a girl needs her father.

Suddenly a knock was heard at my door. Maybe it's him. Who else could be knocking at my door at 11 at night.

Opening the door my smile dropped, "Mrs. Louis."

"Welcome home." She greeted me with a smile.

Though I was happy to see a friendly face but worried at the same time, "Not to be rude but what are you doing here at this time?"

"Once I heard you and well I came because I have news about your dad."

My ears perked up at the word dad, "You do. Did he call, where is he? I'll pick him up right now..."

Mrs. Louis eyes had sadden at my excitement, "Oh I'm sorry sweetie but your dad says he won't be home for a while."

"What! Why? Is he in trouble?  I have money now. Did he say where he is...I'll go and get him."

"He called two days ago and I have not heard from him since."

"Oh, okay thank you."

Another day without my dad. Truth be told even though he had made me penniless at one point I miss him.

*****

'Most eligible bachelor, the Famous Dylan Saunders now with child' What the fuck.

'Dylan Saunders and Isabella Stone secret affair.' And the headlines went on.

I just arrived at my desk with the papers in my hand and today's topic was of Dylan and I with a child. How the hell did this manage to get on the front page. And worse, what would Dylan say?"  Would he get even more angry and tell the news paper that there has been a mistake?