The City

Isabella

We were waiting for our driver.  Dylan had rented us a driver to take us around New York instead of taking the cab.  He thought it be much less of a hassle.

I couldn't contain my excitement.

"Well someone is happy?"  Dylan exclaimed.

"Of course,"

"Dylan."  A voice had interrupted before I could finish.

Both of us turned our head in the direction of the voice, "Ivy."  Her named slipped off my tongue.

While Dylan once again tighten his grip around me.

Ivy had finally reached us panting like she had ran a marathon, "I am glad I caught you in time."  Once she had turned to me she smiled, "Oh Bell, I didn't see you there."  Her eyes now locked in focus at the arm that was holding mine.

"Ivy I don't have time for what ever you wish to talk about.  Bella and I are just about to go out."

"Please Dylan it will only be five minutes, give me five minutes."  She pleaded.

Her eyes looked puffy like she had been crying all night, not the once confident girl I have seen her to be.

"Ivy..." Dylan spat her name.  For a minute I felt sorry for her but I know when to mind my own business.  I wasn't going to interfere.  Whatever problem the two have is between them.  Besides I am hoping he would say no because I really want to go to that ice rink and frankly Ivy being here is going to ruin my plans for the day.

"Please Dylan just five minutes."  Once again she had called his name like it was normal of her just to do so.

Dylan's eyes soften at her attempt, "Fine, you have five minutes."  Turning back to me, and our driver, "I will be back, wait for me."

Smiling I watch Dylan and Ivy walk away for a more secluded area.

And let the count down begin, clock reading at five minutes.  I chuckled inwardly.

Why does watching the time go by feels like an eternity.

People are starting to look at me weird.

It is almost ten minutes and he is a no show.  Should I just go back to the room.

"Excuse me Ms. Stone."  The driver beckoned for me, "I just got a call from Mr. Saunders and he do apologize but he may be running a little late."

"How late?"  I huffed.

"Several hours late." 

Several hours.  He promised.  I had in the right mind to go wherever he was and yank him away and force him to take me.

Sighing I looked back at the driver and smiled, "It's fine, I can go on my own."

"But Mr. Saunders insists that you go back to your room."

"And do what!  This is my last day in New York and he expects me to go back to my room.  Just take me to the ice rink in Rockefeller as planned."

The driver looked at me hesitantly probably debating if he should just listen to Dylan or disobey him.  "Please I want to experience New York."  I pleaded.

"Okay."  Smiling I hopped in the car and off we went.

Being on the ice rink was okay.  Sure there were other couples near by, some with friends, and families and here I am skating alone.

Now I am not a very good skater but I'm not bad either.  I could roller blade when I was younger and loved it but now I feel bored, bored and lonely.