64

"You look amazing." Grayson said once he saw her in her blue dress.

"Thanks." She blushed. "You look great." She said smoothing out the creases on his shirt. Grayson smiled and grabbed her waist. He placed a light kiss on her lips.

"You ready to get going." He questioned pulling away. Matilda nodded, she didn't have any clue where he was taking her, which made her both angsty and excited.

Grayson got into the car and put on 'Its not living' by 1975. Matilda began to bob her head to the beat. Grayson smiled, seeing her out of the corner of his eyes.

His hand went to her knee making her look at him with a smile. She grabbed his hand and began to fiddle with his fingers.

"So where we going?" Matilda asked curiously. Grayson just smiled, not even giving her a reply. It was dark out, Matilda had no clue why they were coming out so late. "I don't get why you can't tell me." She sighed.

"It's a surprise." He chuckled.

They pulled up by a lake, which had a picnic blanket on the grass beside it lit up by candles and a picnic box on top.

"You were talking to James the other day about how you always used to go stargazing when you were little." Grayson said looking at the place that he got Emma and Ethan to set up, surprisingly they did a good job. He didn't want to make it too suspicious if he left.

"You're too cute." Matilda said placing a kiss on his cheek before they both got out of the car.

They sat upon the blanket as Grayson pulled out all the different food.

"This is amazing Gray." Matilda gushed, lovingly staring at the boy.

"Thanks." He blushed. "So we've got sandwiches, chocolate and strawberries, crisps, cocktail sausages, bread sticks, brownies and lemonade." Grayson said as he pulled out the different foods. Matilda giggled and his excessive list as he then handed Matilda a paper plate. She grabbed some of the different foods eagerly.

~

After they ate, Grayson pulled out a blanket from the bottom of the picnic blanket and wrapped it around himself and Matilda. Matilda smiled and leaned on the boys shoulder as she looked up at the stars, making random patterns out of them.

Instead of looking at the stars, Grayson gazed upon Matilda, she didn't notice because she was too consumed with the beauty of the stars.