Fresh Meat

"Adonis Creed is set to rematch Dimitri Fisher in Vegas this weekend. The fight is believed to be a redemption fight from their previous fight nearly two years ago when Creed knocked out Fisher 30 seconds into the first round. We were able to catch up with Fisher momentarily, take a look...."

As I organized the stack of files at my desk at Rocky's gym, I listened to the ESPN anchor that was playing on the TV's stationed throughout the gym. It was a hectic work week, it was the last work week before the fight and literally everyone who was on Team Creed edge for this new fight and Adonis was in full prep mode for the fight that was just a few days away. Before I could leave though, I had to help train Rocky's new hire who is a licensed professional and trained Physical Therapist and Health Nutritionist. Our current PT was out due to a family emergency so this new hire would be in just in time for the match.

Adonis was skeptical though about bringing in a new hire at the last minute. He claimed it was 'bad luck' to bring in a new person in to an already existing team but I did my research on this woman and she knew her stuff. Like me, she graduated from Temple University with a degree in sports medicine and interned with the Golden State Warriors for a year after she graduated early, with honors. Then from then on personal athletes would hire her for a season and she's worked with pro athletes such as Odell Beckham Jr. after he had his knee injury, and Gordon Hayward after his ankle nearly dislocated the first game into the season last year. Now with him back and in full swing she was able to take another top client and was available when Rocky hired her for Team Creed.

I was confident in the new hire and had faith in that she would do wonders just in case something goes wrong, knocks on wood, she would be able to help my boyfriend, baby daddy, and future hubby 'snap back' into shape.

Just as I was in the middle of my thoughts a young woman who resembled the woman's profile that I was just reading walked in through the front doors of the gym.  She was beautiful, she walked in wearing a grey Adidas Sports Bra and matching Yoga pants with neon green Yeezy Boost 350 V2 sneakers and by the way she carefully walked where she was going, you could tell that she was a sneaker head and took care of her shoes.  

"I'm looking for Bria Stevens? I'm Tiana Sanders.  Mr. Balboa told me that I can check in with you? I'm your last client for the day and I need to sign off some paperwork before I get started of training my new client."  She extended her hand for me to shake and I accepted.

"Ah, yes I'm Bria Stevens it's nice to meet you I am the Executive Director here at Rocky's gym.  I'm usually in my office next to his but today I'm filling in for the receptionist who isn't here today."

"It's nice to meet you Rocky put me in good hands." She smiled.

"Yes," I picked up her file and contract to walk into my office which was located further into the gym.  "I basically co manage all of the boxers and athletes that come through this gym.  Before they talk to Rocky they talk to me and I handle most of the paperwork and the scheduling with their promoters, managers, and all that Jazz."

Tiara nodded attentively as she watched me talk and walk at the same time.  Adonis noticed the new person that was with me as he was jumping rope to get his cardio going.  When he noticed me he stopped and took a breather to wave and take a sip of his water bottle.  I waved back and continued to walk to my office.

"So, Im basically the liaison between customers and Rocky.  Rocky is really the overseer and I was hired so that he won't have as much as a work load as I do because he's getting older and that's my uncle and I really care about his health because he really means a lot to my family and I." I used my key to unlock my office and let her in before sitting behind my desk in the car plush leather rolling chair to retrieve her files that she needed.