Reconcile

While Nick held Bria's arm in his, the two posed with the bridal party for a group photo. As Sandra's friends and family dispersed to finish their deserts, Bria stayed behind to listen to Nick update her on everything that's happened in his life since he left town. The two sat down in front of a bench by a water fountain as yellow Christmas lights hung from the trees even though it was no where near holiday season set off an intimate and personal vibe for the two.

"So, what's it like dating a celebrity? How'd you two meet?" Nick asked as he watched her sit down.

"That, that's a long story in itself that is still a touchy subject that I don't really want to talk about unless I'm with my therapist or my fiancé. I know we were best friends at one point but we're not anymore. Why didn't you call me after graduation? You made all these promises about how we'll always be best friends but you never called or answered my texts or IMs..." Bria frustratingly chuckled.

"For a while I thought that something was wrong with me maybe I drew him away with something I did or something that I said. I just want to know why?" Bria looked at him in his eyes as he tried to find the correct response to her burning question.

He finally opened his mouth to say, "I had a crush on you. I did, quite frankly I still do." He admitted and shrugged.  "...I was scared and nervous about what the future held because I went to NYU, then while I was in NYU I figured out that I loved to model and that fashion was my calling. Telling stories was my calling so for years I've been struggling trying to get my foot in the door as an actor and I just barely made it into the modeling world. I chickened out when you called me because I didn't want you to see me struggling. There were nights when I had to starve because I had to decide if I wanted to eat or if I'd pay my rent. I was struggling and I didn't want you to see me like that. I hope you can forgive me because I would really like to be your friend again."

Tears started to form in Bria's eyes as she looked away so that she could get herself together and looked back at him. "It's going to take some time to get used to having you around again and trusting you. I, wow. This is crazy I'm just thinking about all of the different possibilities that my life could've been with you in it."

"I know it's a lot to take in...and I'll give you all the time you need to process everything." Nick places his hand on the small of my back and pulled me close to him.

From a distance, Sandra watched her best friend closely as she interacted with her former best friend.

Jay walked up to her and placed a kiss on her cheek.

"They're getting kinda close don't you think?" Jay asked in a low tone.

"They're just reconnecting I don't think there's anything there. But Nick knows she's in a relationship and she's off limits I just hope he doesn't make it out to be any further that what it is." Sandra said as she watched her two friends.

"He's really been through a lot since the last time that she's seen him...he avoided talking to her because he was ashamed of himself and what he was going through at the time...he blames himself for everything that went wrong in their relationship." Jay sighed and continued, "let's just hope that the two can act like adults around each other."

"That part, I mean I have faith in my best friend and Nick is a very handsome man he could get literally any woman but everyone else can see that he has feelings for her Bria is just so oblivious to the fact that his feelings never went away." Sandra observed outside looking in.

"The wedding is in a week, so let's just hope and pray shit doesn't go down between now and then." Jay shook his head and walked back inside of the venue to greet their guests.