Redemption

It was fight night once again and the couple didn't even have time to fully process that they were literally engaged to be married. The two had made an official announcement on Instagram earlier that morning after an impromptu photo shoot in one of the lounge rooms of the resort.

As I paced around the dressing room with Adonis and his team, he was practicing different combinations with Joe as he went through his routine one last time. After leaving Joe, he calmly walked over to me and held my hands before they'd have to get wrapped up for the fight. The two of us looked into each other's eyes and became lost in each other's soul. He knew the risk that he was taking to his health as a professional boxer but he knew that this was what he loved doing and wouldn't want to be doing anything else. This was his dream and he was living in it.

"You okay?" I asked and watched him quickly nod his head off.

"Yes." He bent down and rested his forehead head against mine.

"You've beat this man before and you can do it again baby.  I have faith in you and no matter what the outcome is I'll be with you every step of the way." I bought up my hand to the side of his face and watched him lean in to kiss me.

"5 minutes till showtime." The producer yelled out to get everyone ready to leave. 

"Creed we gotta go." Terrance said.

Adonis bent down to kiss me one last time before he had to leave to get his fists wrapped up.  "I love you so much."

"I love you too baby." I smiled and watched him walk off to his trainers to get him ready for the fight.

———

As Adonis was preparing to make his entrance after Fisher just made his, the lights dimmed in the room and a single spot light illuminated the back entry way where Creed would make his debut through the crowd.  Cell phone lights illuminated the pitch black arena while cameras as they awaited Adonis' entrance.  Screams grew louder for Adonis Creed when boxing fans knew that the show was getting ready to begin. Then suddenly, their anticipation would cease when the music to DMX's 'X Gonna Give it to Ya' started to play. The spotlight traveled to where Adonis was with his team as the Jumbotron's showed him in full fight mode with rapper DMX performing one of his favorite songs to get him in the mood to beat somebody's ass.

As the team made their way into the ring, I cheered my head off along with his other die hard fans not caring what the bougie rich people around me thought.  I sat down and fixed my black latex pants and matching lace bustier and  draped my red blazer over my shoulders that went with my black and red Christian Louis Vuitton heels.  My ring sparkled in the dim lit arena as I traced my fingers over the gold necklace that Adonis had bought me in Jamaica. After Adonis' intro, the announcers announced the two fighters to the mat. 

Adonis was menacing but Fisher was ready for redemption this time.  He was no longer afraid of the damage that Adonis Creed could do.  He grew bigger in muscle since the two's last match, but still wasn't as huge as Donnie. The first round had started, as the two stood ready to defend themselves until the officials rang the bell to initiate the first round. 

Fisher took a jab at him first, using a right hook jab combo until Adonis blocked his hits and used his right hook to his shoulder taking him aback that he made himself available.  After getting into the swing of things, Fisher blocked himself as Adonis attempted to slow him down by using a right hook to repeatedly hit his shoulder.  Once the two released from each other, Creed right hooked Fisher sending him backwards before the officials rang the bell, signaling that the first round was over.

It was nearing five rounds, both Adonis and Fisher looked like they could go ten more even though their faces were badly bruised up. As they met each other in the center of the mat again, Adonis could tell that he was getting into Fisher's head. His endurance was slowing down the way that he looked over excreted as he was breathing heavily and moving side to side. Fisher knew that he wasn't going to win this fight, so the only way that he would be able to win this fight, was if Adonis Creed was badly injured.