Chapter Five

Ashton's POV

I walked out of the shop, I had to get away for a while, I needed to think. Seeing her in that way made me so angry, I told her to stay away from him, but she didn't listen. I guess she loved him and maybe still does. The thought made my blood boil. I would never hurt her and I would protect her always, and yet people assumed I was the one responsible. I guess they assumed we were dating but I knew in my heart that she only thought of me as her friend.

I took a while to compose my anger, the last thing I wanted was to upset her. Eventually I sighed and turned back to the shop.

Laura's POV

I stood transfixed. I couldn't believe that Ashton had just walked away and left me, without even a word. I quickly changed out of the dress, purchased it and left the store. I stood gazing around the mall, wondering where he would have gone. I began to panic looking around, frantically hoping that I would see him.

"Hey." I heard from behind me.

I jumped and spun round to see Ashton staring at me.

He cleared his throat uncomfortably and broke the silence:

"I'm sorry I left you, I just needed some air." he stated quietly.

"It's fine, can we just go home?" I pleaded.

He nodded. We walked silently for a few minutes.

"ASHTON!" a male voice shouted.

I turned around and saw a young blonde haired guy.

"Hey mate, how's things?" Ashton asked him.

"Good, do you fancy getting some pizza?" he asked excitedly.

Ashton raised his eyebrow and looked at me.

"Sure." I said nodding.

"I'm Luke by the way." he stated chuckling slightly.

"I'm Laura." I answered shyly.

Luke eventually convinced Ashton to order a huge pizza, he left to order, leaving me alone with Luke.

"So what's the deal with you and Ashton?" he said wiggling his eyebrows.

"Just friends." I said smiling at him.

We sat in silence for a moment.

"Are you ok?" he asked.

I nodded and began picking at the table.

"You look sad, when he can't see you" he stated gesturing to where Ashton was standing in the queue.

"I just don't want to upset him, and I can't really talk about it, sorry." I answered quietly.

"Sure, if you need someone to talk to you have me." he stated kindly.

I nodded.

"I am going to start looking for a flat soon." I stated.

"My friend Calum, knows a guy who is looking for a new tenant, if you'd be interested. He'll probably give you a good deal." Luke suggested.

"That sounds good." I said nodding.

"Cool, I'll have a word with Calum." he told me.

I nodded and resumed picking at the paint on the table. A movement out of the corner of my eye caught my attention. I glanced over the balcony, looking down at the lower level of the shopping mall. I could see a tall figure dressed in black with a hoodie just standing, staring. I felt goosebumps on my arms and shivered, as I realised that he was watching me...