Chapter Twenty Four

"She.. she's my wife." he answered hesitantly.

I stared at him unable to believe what I was hearing. I could feel Ashton tense beside me.

"I'm sorry, but your mum and I moved on." he said taking a step towards me.

I stepped back. My mind still reeling from the announcement. I couldn't believe that after all these years of pain that he caused to my family and yet here he was with his own life set up. I had no family, why did he get to be happy when it was his actions that destroyed my family.

"There's more." he said nervously.

"What?" I asked. I felt Ashton take my hand and squeeze it gently.

"You have a half brother." he announced proudly.

Tears began to prick my eyes. So now he had a family, he had replaced my mum and now me!

"We're done now." I stated.

He nodded.

"Can I see you when you get back from your holiday?" he asked.

"It's not a holiday, I'll be gone for a few months." I said snapping slightly as I turned and began to walk away.

"Wait!" he cried following me.

Ashton stepped in front of me.

"She said she's done." he stated.

My dad looked at Ashton for a moment before turning away, and sitting at the table with Sheila. Ashton took my hand and led me to a table. He sat down and pulled me onto his lap.

"You okay?" he asked playing with my fingers.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and nodded.

"I just don't know how to feel." I told him.

"I know, let's just forget about it tonight and talk about it tomorrow once you've had time to process everything." he suggested.

I nodded, he always knew what to say. I could see out the corner of my eye that my dad and Sheila were watching us.

All of a sudden, Michael, Calum and Luke wandered in, followed closely by Dale.

"Hey Laura, you're in my spot, I want to sit on Ashton's lap!" Michael announced pouting.

I laughed and stuck my middle finger up at him. I stood up and hugged him, followed by Calum and Luke.

"How are you?" Luke asked as I hugged him.

"Fine thanks, you?" I asked.

"I am now." he whispered so quietly that I barely heard.

I smiled uncomfortably and returned to Ashton's lap. I looked up as I felt Dale looking at me. I couldn't quite interpret his expression, but it almost seemed like lust. I looked away embarrassed slightly.

"So guys we leave tomorrow morning, be ready at ten. Cars will be sent to pick you up and then we will all meet at the airport." Dale announced.

"Where are we going first?" Luke asked.

"LA" Dale replied.

Calum and Michael looked at each other and high fived.

"Laura, do you have a passport?" Dale asked.

I nodded, avoiding eye contact. Something about him scared me. He looked at me like I was a specimen in a jar. A waitress came over to take our order. As everyone announced their choice she stared at Ashton. Her eyes darted to the other boys.

"Are you guys five seconds of summer?" she asked excitedly.

"Yep." Michael said happily.

"Oh my god!" she cried.

Michael and Calum laughed, stood up and hugged her. I had never seen anyone look so excited before. She looked at Ashton.

"Can I have a picture?" she asked nervously.

He nodded and I moved from his lap. I made my way up to the bar. I could feel my dad's eyes burning into the back of my head. I glanced at Dale as he appeared beside me.

"Can I buy you a drink?" he offered.

"I'm fine." I answered.

He watched me closely.

"How are things with Ashton?" he asked.

I rounded on him "What?" I exclaimed angrily.

He shrugged.

"My relationship is no concern of yours!" I cried.

"He's really protective of you, isn't he." he said almost to himself.

I swallowed and stared at him for a while before returning to Ashton.

AN- Hope you guys like this chapter, feel free to leave a comment :)