Chapter Forty Four

I ran and ran, I ran past strangers who glared at me strangely. Tears were blurring my vision, but I carried on running. I didn't know where I was going, I just needed to run away from the pain. I stopped when I realised I was at the beach, where I'd told Ashton about Luke. I slowly walked along the sand and climbed the cliff path. When I reached the top, I sat on the cliff edge, staring out at the ocean. I didn't even know how to think or feel anymore. I was emotionally exhausted. As I turned my head to the left, I could see the beach, and hear the laughter of the happy families. Somehow I felt disconnected from them. My life was slowly unravelling before my eyes, yet I had no idea how to fix it. I just continued staring out at the ocean, I couldn't even cry anymore, I had nothing left.

I jumped as my phone buzzed.

"Hello." I said quietly.

"Oh Laura, thank god you're okay!" I heard Luke's voice.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I asked.

"No one has seen you in four hours!" he exclaimed.

I frowned, had I really been up here that long.

"Oh." was all I could say.

"Where are you?" he asked me.

"It doesn't matter." I replied quietly.

"Tell me." he pleaded.

"No, I want to be alone." I told him.

"Why?" he asked. I could hear the concern in his voice.

"I need some time to think about things." I whispered.

"What's going on?" he questioned.

I didn't answer.

"Something is going on, please tell me?" he asked me, an edge of worry present in his voice.

"I'm fine, I have to go." I told him.

"Where are you?" he asked panicking slightly.

"I really care about you Luke, I want you to know that." I sobbed.

"Laura...wait?" he cried desperately before I hung up. I pressed the phone against my head and cried. I looked at my phone, as it started buzzing and saw that Luke was trying to call me again. The phone stopped buzzing eventually. A thought suddenly dawned on me. There was one more person that I needed to speak to. I took out my phone, and called Ashton. It rang and rang and I knew that he wouldn't answer.

"Hey Laura." he answered grumpily.

"Oh my god Ash, you answered." I cried.

"Obviously." he snapped.

"How are you?" I asked.

"Fine." he stated. It felt so nice to hear his voice again.

"I love you." I told him.

"Yeah." he replied.

I can't put into words how much that hurt. I longed for him to tell me he loved me, but he didn't. It felt like my heart had been ripped out of my chest.

"So..." he started before I heard a knocking.

"Hang on, someone is knocking at the door." he said.

I heard footsteps and then I heard Luke's voice.

"What the hell do you want?!" Ashton exclaimed.

"Oh shit, you're on the phone, sorry." Luke answered.

Ashton didn't respond, but spoke to me instead.

"So Laura, are you alright?" he asked me.

"No, not really." I sobbed.

"Yeah, me neither." he said.

"I'm so sorry I hurt you, please forgive me and continue with the band. I'm so proud of you." I told him.

"Why are you saying that?" he asked quietly.

"I want you to know." I answered.

"I have to go, I love you Ashton Irwin." I told him, before quickly hanging up.

I sat and looked through the pictures on my phone, that showed me and Ashton. I never realised how happy we looked. But that was all gone now. I was alone. I took off my boots and stood up. I walked to the cliff edge and peered over. It was a hundred foot drop, straight into the ocean. I threw my phone on the grass behind me, hoping that somehow Ashton would find it and remember me fondly. There was no one left to miss me anymore. I hesitated a moment before jumping....

AN- Thanks for reading guys, I hope I didn't upset anyone. This is an issue that is close to my family, so I wanted to write about it :) Thank you so much for all the reads, votes and comments, it means a lot that you guys enjoy reading the chapters as much as I enjoy writing them. X