Chapter Thirty Four

I looked into his eyes.

"About what?" I asked him.

"Not here." he whispered as he took my hand and led me into another room.

As he led me away, I glanced over my shoulder to see Ashton and Abbie were still talking.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked him as he let go of my hand and stood in front of me in the hallway.

He picked his nails, looking uncomfortable, as I stared at him, waiting for him to answer.

"Is there something going on between you and Dale." he asked nervously.

"What makes you say that?" I asked looking at the floor.

"Well..I walked in on you guys and..." he started.

"Dale explained what that was!" I interrupted him.

"Yeah, you were upset." he said skeptically, whilst gesturing inverted commas.

"Don't Luke." I pleaded quietly. I didn't want to go down this road, and have to lie to him too.

"Tell me then." he whispered stepping towards me.

"Luke, please stop." I pleaded.

"I'm worried about you." he said stepping closer.

"Nothing is going on between me and Dale." I lied desperately hoping that he would believe me.

"Be careful of him." he told me.

My heart started to pound, I was so afraid that he knew.

"What.. why?" I stuttered.

"He's a creep, I've seen the way he looks at you and I don't like it." he told me. I could hear the anger in his voice.

I stared at him unable to believe what he was saying. How could he notice, when I have been trying so hard to keep it from them.

"Don't be silly Luke." I replied quietly.

"He looks at you like you're a piece of meat, it gives me the creeps." he added. I looked at him for a long time. He was gradually moving closer towards me. His lips were inches from mine, I could feel his warm breath on my face. His face stayed where it was as he looked down at my lips. I found myself longing to feel his kiss, but he didn't. He was teasing me.

"I'll protect you from him." he whispered.

I sobbed and hid my face in my hands, as the emotions overwhelmed me. Someone was aware of Dale, I felt an overwhelming sense of relief. He understood and was going to protect me.

"You've no idea how much that means to me." I whispered as I threw my arms around him.

Luke's POV

I sighed as I held her in my arms. I didn't think Dale would hurt her, but I knew she was vulnerable. I knew how manipulative Dale could be, and it was more than obvious that he desired her. Everytime she moved or entered a room he would watch her every movement. It surprised me that she was so upset. Maybe she was just having a down day. I held her tightly until eventually she stepped back and smiled up at me.

"I'd better go find Ashton." she announced, wiping the tears out of her eyes.

I nodded at her as she turned and left.

Laura's POV

I walked away from Luke slowly, almost reluctantly. I wanted to stay in his presence. The one person in the world who understood, well as much as he could. I wandered back into the dressing room and slowly opened the door. I gasped as I saw Abbie sitting on Ashton's lap in the corner. As I got closer, I realised that they were kissing. My heart stopped as I stood rooted to spot...