Chapter Twenty Six

Luke's POV

I glanced at my watch, as I sat watching the boys messing about. Laura had been gone for a while. I was starting to get worried. Ashton was slightly drunk and seemed to be unaware how much time had passed since we last saw Laura.

"I'm going to check on Laura." I told Calum.

He nodded.

I slowly wandered outside looking around for her. I could see a shadow at the end of the alley. I ran over and saw her limp lifeless form crumpled into a ball on the ground. Panic flashed through my head, what if she was dead. I knelt next to her and gently placed my hand on her shoulder. I felt her wrist and to my relief I could feel a pulse. I pushed her hair back from her face and saw that she had blood on her cheek and the back of her head. She was unconscious, I couldn't understand what had happened. I picked her up gently carried her home. I slowly carried her upstairs and placed her on Ashton's bed. I went into the bathroom and began to fill a bowl with warm water. As I made my way back into the bedroom, I could see that she was stirring. I placed the bowl on the side and sat on the bed beside her. Suddenly she sat bolt upright and stared at me. She began screaming, the most terrified scream I had ever heard. She launched off the bed and ran into the corner. I ran over to her and took her wrists in my hands, desperately trying to calm her down. She screamed louder as I tried to pull her into my arms. She began hitting her fists against my chest. I winced slightly, but still held her. She looked at me, and seemed to realise who I was as she stopped struggling and stared at me.

"Luke." she whispered questioningly.

"Yeah, I'm here." I told her soothingly.

She flung her arms around my waist and began sobbing into my chest.

"I'm sorry, I thought you were someone else." she sobbed.

I held her tightly as her legs buckled slightly from sobbing so much. I picked her up and gently placed her on the bed. I squatted down in front of her, trying to make eye contact with her as she stared at the floor. I picked up the bowl of water and gently wiped the blood from her face. She didn't react, just continued to stare at the floor.

"What happened?" I asked her softly.

She began to sob again, as she placed her head in her hands.

"Laura, what's going on?" I asked her worridly.

"Nothing." she whispered so quietly that I barely heard her.

"Tell me." I pressed her.

"I can't." she sobbed looking at me for the first time.

I sighed. "I won't tell anyone, I swear." I told her.

"I can't Luke." she announced.

"Did Chris hurt you again?" I asked her. I wasn't giving up until she told me.

She shook her head and stared at the ground again.

"Do you want me to call Ashton, and you can talk to him about it." I asked rummaging in my pocket for my phone.

"NO!" she exclaimed suddenly.

I looked at her in shock and nodded.

"I got mugged." she sighed.

"Oh my god, are you alright?" I asked her.

She nodded.

"You need to shower, you've got blood in your hair." I said.

She nodded and rose from the bed. As she did so she yelped in pain and fell on her knees. I rushed over to her and helped her to her feet.

"You didn't just get mugged did you?" I said quietly.

"I got raped, happy now!" she shouted hysterically.

With that she walked into the bathroom and locked the door.

I sat on the bed seething. How could this have happened. I couldn't bear the thoughts that were racing around my head. How dare anyone hurt her. I felt a pang of guilt as I realised that I had failed to protect her. I should have gone outside with her, then I could have killed the bastard. I sighed and waited for her to come out of the bathroom.

Laura's POV

I stood in the bathroom, I was repulsed by my own reflection. I stepped into the shower and turned on the water, trying to wash away Dale's aftershave that I could still smell on my skin. I belonged to Ashton, I had never been with anyone except him. Until now. I didn't want anyone else's touch apart from him. I frantically scrubbed my body, trying to feel clean again. It didn't help. I felt tarnished, he took my body and used it for his own personal gain. Now I would never be just Ashton's again. Ashton was always so gentle with me, but not Dale. I was really sore. Tears began to roll down my cheeks, as the hot water burnt the wound on my head, but I didn't care. Part of me wanted to tell Ashton, so that Dale would get what he deserved. I knew in my heart that I couldn't bear to see the dream he had worked so hard for destroyed by me. I knew that I could never tell him. It would destroy him, and I couldn't let that happen. I wrapped a towel around myself, sighing as I realised I didn't have any fresh clothes. I couldn't bear to put my dress back on as it smelt of Dale. I quickly walked past Luke, pulled some pyjamas out of the cupboard and made my way back into the bathroom. Once I had changed I returned to the bedroom. I noticed Luke still sitting on the bed.

"You can't tell Ashton." I demanded.

He nodded.

"Promise?" I nagged.

"Promise." he said reluctantly, then added: "Who was it?"

I knew exactly what he meant.

"Don't know." I lied climbing into bed.

"Do you want me to stay with you?" he asked kindly.

I shook my head and he left, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

AN- I really enjoyed writing this chapter, hope you guys enjoy reading it. Feedback please :) x