Chapter Thirty Nine

"Ashton stop!" I screamed as Luke fell to his knees, his hand pressed against his cheek.

"Get up, stop being such a pussy!" Ashton yelled as he stood clenching and unclenching his fists.

"Ashton that's enough!" I exclaimed rushing over and standing between the two of them.

"Move." Ashton told me.

I shook my head.

"I won't let him take you from me." Ashton told me angrily.

"He hasn't, it was a mistake Ash...I was upset.. and it just sort of... happened." I stuttered.

"You have to choose me or him, if you choose me you stay the hell away from him." Ashton spat gesturing towards Luke.

"What?" I answered quietly.

"You heard me." he said demanding an answer.

"But..I-" I started.

"Forget it." Ashton interrupted me as he snorted, turned away and ran off the beach. I watched him go sadly. I turned my attention back to Luke as I heard him groan. I knelt beside him.

"Are you okay?" I asked him quietly.

"You're boyfriend can really pack a punch." he told me smiling but then wincing.

"I'm sorry he hit you." I whispered.

"Hey, it's not your fault." he muttered as he gently wiped the tears off my face.

"Is it sore." I asked him.

"A little, but I'll live." he replied.

I covered my face with my hands and sobbed. I couldn't believe what had just happened. I had lost Ashton forever. I knew that I had broken his heart and that he would never forgive me. I didn't blame him. I could feel Luke's eyes on me and eventually I looked up at him. He smiled warmly. I could tell he was trying to comfort me, but had no idea what to say or do. He leaned towards me, and I jumped slightly as his lips connected with mine. I slowly turned my head away.

"I can't." I said quietly as I stood up.

I glanced over to the sea and saw Calum and Michael still messing about in the water. I couldn't help but notice a beautiful girl had her arms around Michael's neck. I smiled as I watched their happy faces.

"Don't go, stay." Luke pleaded.

"I can't, I have to go." I said sighing as I turned and walked away from him.

AN- OMG such drama, would love some comments guys :) x