Chapter Forty Seven

Laura's POV

I cried and cried until I had nothing left. I was crying for all the people that I'd lost. I cried because of Dale, for what he'd done to me and was still doing to me. I didn't recognise my life anymore. It was covered by a huge black cloud of secrets. There were so many unsaid things between Ashton and me. Things that I needed him to know, but I couldn't say. Every piece of hope and happiness that I had in my life felt tarnished.

As I looked up into Ashton's eyes, I saw that he was also crying. I gently brushed his tears away.

"I'm so sorry." I told him.

"Don't be, I'm glad I made it in time." he answered quietly.

"I love you so much." I whispered.

"I love you too, we have to talk about everything, things can't get like this again." he sniffed.

I sat and played with his fingers, glad to be back in his arms. I hadn't realised how much he meant to me.

"I guess I couldn't lose you as well as everything else." I said quietly.

He smiled at me.

"I'm sorry for being so weak." I sighed.

"You're not weak, you've been through so much." he whispered.

"I've made a mess of things with Luke." I said quietly.

"You can fix things, I know you can." he said.

"How?" I asked.

He fell silent for a moment.

"If you want to be with him, it's fine." he said as he picked his nails.

"I don't want to be with Luke." I answered.

"I love you enough to let you go, I just want you to be happy." he stated.

"I'm happy with you, I love you so much Ash." I told him.

"I love you too, baby, don't scare me like that again." he said as he gently stroked my hair.

I smiled and looked down at the beach. I could see a figure, standing, looking up at us. From the blonde quiff, I guessed it was Luke.

"Is Luke here?" I asked.

"Yeah we went looking for you." he answered.

"Luke came with you?" I questioned.

"It was his idea, he had a feeling something was wrong." he told me.

"He loves you." he added.

"I know." I said, still looking down at Luke.

"Do you love him?" he asked quietly.

"I don't know." I admitted.

"But I want to be with you." I added looping my arms around his neck.

"Good." he smiled.

He leant towards me and I felt his lips brush against mine.

I turned my head away from him, and looked towards Luke. He was still watching us.

"What's wrong baby?" he asked as he gently kissed my neck.

"Nothing." I whispered.

He placed his hands on my waist and continued kissing my neck. I closed my eyes. It felt so good to be able to be in his arms again. I could smell his familiar scent. I turned to face him, and gently kissed his lips. He kissed me back, as our lips gently moved in synchronisation.

Luke's POV

As I looked up at the cliff, I saw Ashton pull her to safety. I breathed a sigh of relief. I could see that they were sitting together, probably talking.

My heart stopped as I saw that they were kissing. I knew that she loved him more than me, I'd always known. He loved her too and I knew that he could take care of her. I turned and walked back to the hotel alone.

AN- Attention readers, I am running another competition to be a character in my book :) This time it's for a friend for Laura who is a huge 5sos fan, with a soft spot for Luke. She comes into the book in a few chapters time. If you're interested message me a cute pic of Luke and tell me what you like about him and I'll pick someone. My twitter is @jaybirdtwjb. Can't wait to hear from you guys :)