Chapter Fourteen

As I made eye contact with Ashton, I could see the hurt flicker in his face. He stared at me and opened his mouth as though he was about to say something but then stopped himself. He turned to Luke:

"I'll see you tomorrow." he snapped. Luke picked up his clothes and left, looking embarrassed.

"Ash, I can explain." I started.

"It's none of my business." he shrugged.

"Ash, it just happened." I cried.

"I know that feeling." he muttered looking at the floor.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked trying to get him to make eye contact with me.

"You don't remember, do you?" he asked me looking upset.

"Remember what?" I exclaimed stepping towards him.

"We kissed when you were drunk the other night." he muttered.

I stared at him, I had no memory of that. I knew from the look on his face that he was telling the truth.

"I'm sorry Ash, I don't remember that." I replied feeling guilty.

"I thought you liked me and then I see you getting cosy with Luke!" he exclaimed.

"I wasn't getting cosy with Luke, he kissed me. He's just a friend."

Ashton snorted.

"I'm confused Ashton, I don't know what to think anymore." I announced beginning to cry.

He sighed and hugged me.

"I know, I'm sorry I upset you." he said as he held me.

"I promise I'll always be here for you." he added.

"But you won't, you go on tour next month." I said sadly.

"Come with me then." he stated loudly.

I looked up at him, I could see that he was serious.

"I can't Ashton, I have work, I don't qualify until next month."

"I know." he grinned mischievously a glint in his eye.

I raised an eyebrow waiting for him to speak.

"I spoke to our manager, and he said we can wait and leave on the eleventh, the day after your practical exams!" he announced excitedly.

"Really!?"I squealed.

"Yeah, I was planning to surprise you!" he stated happily.

I screamed and jumped towards him, wrapping my legs around his waist. He laughed and spun me round. He slipped and we both fell into the pool. I came up coughing.

"Are you okay?" he asked worridly.

I nodded and started laughing. He joined in, I couldn't help but notice how cute he looked with his curls stuck to his head. I splashed him and he glared at me.

"Right, you are going to pay for that." he said playfully. He swam to the bottom of the pool, and grabbed my ankle pulling me under. I resurfaced and rubbed the water out of my eyes as he watched me. He glanced towards the house, as the phone began to ring.

"I'd better get that." he said as he climbed out of the pool.

Ashton's POV

I sighed as I hung up the phone. Mum sounded like she was having a great time. I thought of Luke, and kept replaying the scene over and over in my head. It hurt me to see her with Luke. I knew that she was confused at the moment, about everything that had happened, but it still hurt. I found myself hoping that she didn't have feelings for Luke. I couldn't bear it if she picked someone else over me, just like with Chris. I couldn't work out if she didn't want me or she doesn't realise how I feel about her. I heard her come downstairs and as she entered the lounge I saw that she was wearing my t-shirt. She looked amazing, her legs were so long and slim. I wanted to touch them, instead I just smiled as she sat on the sofa next to me.

"Are you working tomorrow?" I asked her.

She nodded her nose in a book.

"I'll pick you up if you want?"

"Sounds good." she answered smiling at me.

She looked up as the doorbell rang.

"Who could that be?" she asked me.

I shrugged, and started to rise from the sofa.

"I'll go." she stated and left the room.

Laura's POV

I rose from the sofa and made my way towards the front door. I bet it's Luke wanting to apologise. I thought. I reached for the door knob and hesitated slightly. I wasn't in the mood for chatting about his feelings. I sighed and opened the door. I gasped as I saw Chris standing on the threshold staring at me.....