Chapter Forty

Luke's POV

I looked after her as she walked away. I found myself longing to follow, but my feet were rooted to the spot. I knew that she loved me, I could see it in her eyes. I just had to get her to admit it to herself. I picked up a pebble and threw it into the sea angrily. She was my world, I had to convince her that she belonged with me. A glimmer of hope ignited in my heart. She hesitated. When Ashton asked her which one of us she wanted, she hesitated. I could make her mine, I just needed more time.

Ashton's POV

I was seething as I walked away from them. My heart was pounding, how could they do this to me. My best friend and the love of my life. The thoughts of them kissing and holding each other, kept swimming around my brain. I couldn't bear it. She was my girl. I needed her beside me, I always had. Yet now I couldn't even look at her without imaging him touching her. When I reached the hotel, I ran to my room, slammed the door and threw myself down on the bed. I switched on the stereo and let the tears flow.

Laura's POV

I couldn't stop crying as I walked along the beach, away from Luke. The looks on their faces haunted me. Everytime I blinked, I could see their hurt expressions. I was a terrible person, I had destroyed the only two people who cared about me. Now I had no one. I made my way to the pier and sat on the edge, staring out at the ocean. I turned to see Michael standing behind me, holding hands with the girl from earlier.

"I saw what happened, are you alright?" he asked me.

"Yeah, I deserved it." I replied quietly.

Michael smiled uncomfortably.

"Can you do me a favour, Mike?" I asked him quietly.

"Sure." he smiled.

"Can you go and check that Ash is okay." I said as I started crying again.

He nodded and turned to the girl.

"Will you stay with her?" he asked her.

She nodded, pecked Michael on the cheek and sat down next to me, as Michael walked away.

"Hey, I'm Bonnie" she announced.

"I'm Laura." I replied trying to smile at her.

"Do you need someone to talk too." she asked looking at me in concern.

"I can't talk about it, I'm sorry." I answered.

"I can keep a secret." she stated kindly.

"I've just been through a lot,I made some really bad choices and hurt a lot of people." I replied running my hands through my hair.

She put her arm around my shoulders and sat with me in silence until I stopped crying.

"It'll all work out in the end." she reassured me.

"No, I've ruined everything, and I'm just so done." I sobbed.

"Done with what?" she asked.

"Living." I replied quietly.

She opened her mouth to speak but was interrupted by my phone text alert.

I slowly pulled it out of my pocket, and sat looking at the blank screen.

"Are you going to read it?" she enquired frowning.

I nodded. My hands were shaking. What if the message was from Ashton, did I even want to know what it said.

I took a deep breath and looked at the text message. My heart stopped when I read the message.

AN- Congratulations to Bonnie-Lee for winning the competition, you are now Michael's girlfriend lol! If you want a say in how she acts around Michael and stuff then dm me and we can chat about it :) Going to be running another competition like this very soon, so keep your eyes peeled guys :) x