Chapter Forty Nine

As I wandered into the lounge, I saw Ashton stuffing food into a picnic hamper. I smiled at him.

"Morning, baby." he said smiling at me.

"Hey, so I guess we're going on a picnic then?" I asked him.

"Yep." he said proudly.

"What about the band?" I asked.

"We have a day off today." he answered.

"Ashton?" I said hesitantly.

"Yeah?" he said looking up at me.

"You aren't going to leave the band are you?" I asked him.

"No, I was just angry, I thought I'd lost you to Luke and I was so angry with him." he sighed.

"Good, I know the band means a lot to you." I replied.

He smiled at me and resumed packing the hamper.

"I'm going to have to talk to Luke at some point." I told him.

He nodded, not looking at me.

"Nothing will happen, I swear. You can come with me if you want." I suggested.

"I don't think that's a good idea." he chuckled.

"I'll go now, get it over with." I sighed, as I stood up and left the room.

As I walked to Luke's hotel room, I began to feel nervous. I hesitantly knocked on the door and waited for him to answer. Eventually he did.

"Hey Laura, come in." he said.

I followed him inside and hovered uncomfortably.

"How are you?" I asked him.

"I'm fine, I missed you though." he whispered as he gave me an intense look.

"I'm sorry for everything that happened. I was confused and I led you on, which was unfair." I said quickly.

"It's fine, I know that you love Ashton." he answered.

I nodded.

"But if things change, I'll always be here, waiting." he whispered.

"Can we be friends?" I asked him.

"Yeah of course." he said, pulling me into a hug.

I sighed against his chest. Luke and I had a special bond, that no one could change. He was the only one who knew what had happened to me, even if he didn't know who did it.

"I have to go." I whispered as I pulled away from him and made my way to the door. As I looked back I was sure that I saw his eyes filling with tears.