Chapter Fifty Seven

Ashton's POV

I sat at the drums, staring at them. I'd had a complete mind blank. I had been playing the drums for years, but I found myself unable to pick up the beat. I couldn't stop thinking about her. She occupied my every waking thought, and to be honest most of my dreams. I must have done something, for her to just leave me like that. Not knowing what it was is maddening.

I worried about her constantly. Not being able to check that she was alright was killing me.

"Ashton." Michael called, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I looked up and saw the boys holding their guitars staring at me.

"We need a beat for She Looks So Perfect." Michael said sighing.

I could see Luke watching me, a look of concern on his face.

I sighed, picked up my drumsticks and began to play.

"No, Ashton wrong beat." Calum said impatiently.

"Why are we even here?" I sighed angrily.

"We have to rehearse." Calum said running his hand through his hair impatiently.

I stared at him for a moment before standing up and throwing down my drumsticks.

"I'm not in the mood." I whispered as I stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind myself.

Luke's POV

I stared after Ashton as he walked away. I could see Michael and Calum looking at each other in shock.

"I'll go talk to him." I said, as I followed him.

It didn't take me long to find him, he was sitting on the stairs outside the studio.

"Are you okay mate?" I asked him.

He shook his head. "I just miss her so much." he whispered.

"I know you do." I replied, unsure of what to say to make him feel better.

"I just wish I knew what I'd done, so that I could fix it." he whispered.

I had no idea what to say.

"Have you spoken to her recently?" he asked quietly.

"Yeah a couple of weeks ago." I said hesitantly.

"Is she okay?" he questioned.

"Yeah." I sighed.

"I need her back Luke, will you help me?" he pleaded.

I felt so guilty looking at the desperation on his face.

"She's not coming back Ashton, you have to accept it and move on." I sighed.

Laura's POV

I sighed as Korrine took my hand and dragged me into the living room. She pulled me over to the sofa and placed her laptop on her lap.

"What are we watching?" I asked.

"5sos are doing a live twitcam interview!" she squealed.

"I don't need to watch it." I said rising from the sofa.

She grabbed my wrist and pulled me back.

"Yes you do, you have to tell me which one is your favourite." she said excitedly.

"I'm sure they're all great." I sighed.

She rolled her eyes at me and pouted.

I sat staring at the screen, waiting for it to start. I didn't want to see his face again. It hurt too much last time.

I released the breath I didn't realize I was holding, when it eventually started.

"Hi everyone, this is Chris here with Michael, Calum, Luke and Ashton from 5sos!" he announced.

"Hey." they all said.

Korrine was literally screaming in excitement.

"So boys, how is the tour going?" Chris asked.

"It's really good, we have got to visit so many amazing places and see all of our amazing fans which has been such a privilege." Calum said smiling.

"So you guys are going back home soon?" Chris asked.

"Yeah, we have a couple of gigs in Australia, and then we have a couple of weeks off, and then we'll be on the road promoting the album and the book." Michael replied excitedly.

"So a question on every fan girls lips, are you boys single?" Chris prompted.

"Except me." Michael said happily.

Chris frowned.

"I thought I read that Ashton was dating someone?" Chris questioned.

I saw Luke look at Ashton and could see him squirm slightly as they all waited for Ashton to answer. The silence was painful.

"Not anymore." Ashton eventually whispered.

"So what happened Ashton?" Chris pressed him.

I felt so sorry for Ashton. I could see that he didn't want to talk about it, yet Chris kept questioning him, so as to get some gossip. All the boys were staring at Ashton, and I could see they were nervous as to how he would respond.

"It doesn't matter." he whispered.

"Oh c'mon Ashton, the fans want to know." Chris asked again. I felt like I wanted to slap him.

"She left me okay, happy now!" he yelled. I saw his bottom lip start to wobble as he stood up and disappeared from the screen.

Chris looked at the other boys, clearly unsure of what to do next.

"Thanks to 5sos!" he said, as the twitcam quickly terminated.

"OMG, I didn't realise Ashton was so heartbroken." Korrine said.

I nodded. "You knew about his girlfriend?" I asked.

"I don't know who she was or what she looked like, but some stuff came out on twitter, that he was dating someone." she replied.

"I wish I knew who she was then I could tell her what an idiot she was for leaving Ashton." she stated.

"Maybe she left for his own good." I muttered.

"I doubt it, did you see how unhappy he looked!" she exclaimed.

"Yeah, I guess I did." I sighed.

I stood up and made my way to bed. I couldn't sleep, I kept tossing and turning. I couldn't stop thinking about Ashton and how much he was hurting because of me. Eventually I fell asleep and dreamt that I was in Ashton's arms. As I woke up, I began to cry as I realised that it wasn't true.