Chapter Fifty Three

I knew from doing my nursing training that for a pregnancy to show up on blood tests, that I had to be about six weeks pregnant. I realised that I'd had sex with Ashton around that time, but a couple of days later ,the incident with Dale had occurred. I knew there was a fifty fifty chance as to whose baby I was carrying. Which scared me more than anything. Although I was terrified, it felt like a special thing to be carrying Ashton's baby. But what if it was Dale's, I would be having the baby of an evil man, who had forced me. I knew nothing about being a mother, and I had no one to turn to for help. I began rummaging in my wardrobe and quickly stuffing clothes into my bags. It broke my heart to have to leave Ashton, but I knew that I had no other option. I had to keep the baby a secret. I jumped as I heard the door close. I quickly kicked the bags underneath the bed, just as Ashton entered the room.

"Hey, I was worried about you, you just kinda disappeared." he said.

"Sorry." I whispered. I struggled to fight the emotions that were threatening to overcome me. I couldn't look him in the eyes, knowing what I was about to do. Impulsively I ran into his arms, and wrapped my arms around his waist tightly. I held on so tightly, I didn't want to let go.

"What's this for?" he whispered in my ear.

"I just love you so much." I muttered against his chest.

He chuckled and gently stroked my hair.

"The show starts soon, are you coming to watch?" he asked me excitedly.

I shook my head.

"Aw please, I want to be able to see your face when I'm on stage." he said quietly.

My heart bled, I felt so bad. But I knew what I had to do.

"I'm just not feeling great." I whispered.

"Are you okay?" he asked pulling away from me, and looking at me in concern.

"Yeah, I just need an early night." I replied.

He smiled at me and picked me up. He placed me in the bed and pulled the blankets over me.

"Ash, what are you doing, I can put myself to bed." I giggled.

"Yeah, I know, but you're my baby." he chuckled.

My heart stopped when he said 'baby'. I bit my lip hard to keep me from crying.

"I have to go, will you be okay." he whispered.

"Yeah, I will always love you, Ash." I whispered.

"I love you too." he said, before pecking me on the lips and leaving.

As soon as he left, I curled into a ball under the covers and sobbed.

I heard a knock at the door. I sighed and answered it. It was Luke. He walked in and closed the door behind himself.

I pulled the bags back out from under the bed and resumed packing.

"What are you doing here, Luke don't you guys have to perform?" I asked.

"Yeah, I just had to ask what you are going to do, it's been driving me mad." he said.

I took a deep breath.

"I'm leaving." I sighed.

"What?" he questioned.

"I have to go, don't bother trying to convince me, I've made up my mind." I told him, as I continued packing.

"You can't leave." he whispered.

"I can and I am." I said quietly.

"I'll come with you." he stated hurriedly.

"No, I need to do this alone." I told him.

"I'll miss you so much." he whispered as he pulled me into a hug.

I pulled away and smiled up at him.

"Can you give me a ride to the airport?" I asked him.

"I guess." he said sadly.

"Have you told Ashton?" he asked me.

"No, I'm not going to tell him." I stated.

He frowned at me.

"I'm going to wait until he falls asleep and sneak out." I added.

"Why don't you just tell him?" he asked me.

"He'll try to stop me, and I have to go." I told him. I was terrified that he would convince me to stay, and I couldn't bear to see his face as I left. It was better this way.

"Where will you go?" he whispered softly.

"Back to Australia, I guess." I told him.

"Luke you have to go, you'll be late." I added.

"Okay, promise you'll still be here when I get back." he said softly.

"I promise, I'll meet you in the lobby at one am?" I asked.

He nodded and left the room, leaving me to finish the packing.

Luke's POV

I couldn't believe she was planning to leave. How could I drive her to the airport and drop her off, knowing that I might never see her again. I considered telling Ashton what she was planning to do, in the hope that he would be able to convince her to stay. But I decided against it. I knew that if I did she would never forgive me. I sighed and followed the boys on stage.

Laura's POV

I heard Ashton climb into bed at midnight. As I pretended to be asleep, he gently kissed me on the cheek. I couldn't help but watch the clock as I waited for one am. I savoured the sound of Ashton snoring quietly beside me. I couldn't put into words how much I would miss him. Eventually one am arrived and I quietly climbed out of bed, and pulled out my bags from under the bed. As I was about to leave, I looked back at Ashton. He looked so peaceful. I tiptoed over to him and gently kissed his lips.

"Goodbye Ashton." I whispered against his lips.

I quietly clicked the door shut behind myself, and made my way into the hotel lobby. I tried to smile at Luke, but I couldn't quite manage it.

"That was hard huh." he said as he smiled warmly at me.

I nodded and angrily wiped the tears from my eyes.

Luke reached over and took my bags from me. I smiled warmly at him.

"C'mon then." he whispered, as he held open the door for me.

I began to follow him.

"What's going on?" I heard a voice say from behind me.

I spun around and saw Ashton standing at the bottom of the stairs.

I stood rooted to the spot, as I looked up at him.