Chapter Fifty

I awoke in Ashton's arms. His back was against a tree, and I was snuggled next to him. It was really warm and the sun was shining, illuminating the little clearing. Ashton had prepared a delicious picnic.

He gently brushed my cheek with his finger. I smiled at him.

"When are we going back to Australia?" I asked him randomly.

"In a couple of months, are you missing home?" he asked me.

"Yeah, a bit, plus Dad keeps calling." I replied.

"Are you going to see him?" he asked, gritting his teeth slightly.

"I don't know what to do. I want to have a family, but I hate him." I said quietly.

"It's a difficult one." he whispered.

"What do you think?" I asked him.

"You know what I think of him." he said.

"Yeah, I guess I do." I giggled.

"We should head back." he sighed.

"Do we have too?" I whined.

"Yeah, we do." he grinned.

When we got to the hotel Luke was sitting at the table, reading a book.

"Hey, Luke." I said sitting next to him.

He smiled at me and continued reading.

I picked up the newspaper and began to read.

As I casually flicked through the pages, I did a double take when I noticed a picture of me and Ashton walking along the beach.

"Ash, take a look at this." I called.

He came over and looked over my shoulder.

"I guess they found out about us then." Ashton stated sighing.

"They called me a plain girl!" I exclaimed.

"That's what the media does, all that matters is that I think your beautiful. It doesn't matter what they think." he reassured me.

I smiled at him and closed the newspaper.

"Maybe I should get a twitter account, so that I can interact with the fans." I said.

"If you want." Ashton replied.

"Luke, can I borrow your twitter account so I can get to grips with it before I start an account?" I asked him.

"No!" he snapped and quickly picked his phone off the table and stuffed it into his pocket.

"Why not?" I questioned.

"I said no!" he exclaimed.

"Fine, I'm going to put dinner on." I announced as I stood up and left the room.

Ashton's POV

"That was harsh." I told Luke, as soon as Laura left the room.

"I don't think she should go on twitter." he replied bluntly.

"Have they been hating on her?" I asked him.

"Yeah." he answered.

I looked at him for a while. I knew that he really did care about her, which although it made me angry I was glad that she had a decent friend.

"I'd better go help with dinner." I said as I stood up and made my way into the kitchen.

AN- Sorry this chapter is a bit boring! Big chapter coming up next :) Please keep reading and commenting. x