Chapter Thirty Six

Ashton's POV

I rolled over in bed, and frowned as I realised that Laura was no longer laying beside me. I sat up in bed and scanned the room looking for her. I relaxed as I heard her brushing her teeth in the bathroom. I smiled as she emerged in her nightgown. She blushed when she caught me looking at her. She was so adorable. She climbed back into bed and rested her head on the pillow, as she looked up at me through her long eyelashes. She had never looked more beautiful. A couple of weeks had passed since our fight over Abbie, and things were great between us.

She giggled when she caught me staring at her.

"The boys and I have the day off today, so we are taking you to the beach." I told her smiling.

She nodded and rubbed her eyes sleepily. I kissed her cheek gently. She smiled and climbed out of bed.

"Do you want to use the bathroom first?" she asked me.

"No you go for it." I smiled at her as she headed into the bathroom. As soon as she was out of sight I threw some clothes on and ran downstairs. I put on the kettle and frantically rummaged in the kitchen cupboards.

Laura's POV

I sighed as I stood in front of the bathroom mirror, staring at my reflection. I had never liked my body, especially not in a bikini. I quickly pulled on a skirt and a tank top and made my way downstairs.

As I walked downstairs and made my way into the kitchen, a wonderful smell filled my nostrils. Ashton was standing at the cooker, but he turned and smiled at me as he heard me enter the room.

"I made pancakes." he stated proudly as he set a plate down in front of me.

"Ash, you're so sweet." I told him.

He smiled at me, and sat down with his plate.

"What's the occasion?" I asked between mouthfuls.

"Valentines day." he said rolling his eyes.

I began to choke on my pancake. He laughed and gently patted my back.

"Oh my god, I totally forgot about that!" I cried.

"Figures." he replied still laughing.

"I didn't get you anything." I replied sadly.

"You don't need to, just spend the day with me." he said gently, pecking my cheek.

I dipped my finger into the maple syrup and wiped some on his nose. He glared at me, as he tried and failed to lick it off with his tongue. I giggled. I glanced behind me as I heard a knock at the door.

"That'll be the boys." Ashton stated sighing.

"It's open." he yelled.

Michael, Calum and Luke came wandering through.

"Hey." they all said.

"Aww Ashton, you really should learn to eat your food properly." teased Michael, gesturing towards the syrup that was still on Ashton's nose. Michael walked over and licked it off.

"Umm." he said trying not to laugh.

"You dick." Ashton bantered elbowing him in the groin. Michael shrugged and sat down. I could feel Luke watching me, but as I glanced towards him he quickly looked at the floor. Michael picked up the cream pot and began dipping his fingers into the pot and flicking spots of cream towards Ashton.

"Dude, cut it out. Ashton sighed. I could tell he was trying not to laugh. I stood up and took my plate into the kitchen. As I stood at the sink, I jumped as I heard Luke's voice behind me.