Chapter Thirty Seven

AN- I dedicate this chapter to @LukeLovesPengy for her addiction to fan fiction! Lol.

I gasped as I looked at the most beautiful ring I had ever seen. It was silver, and had elegant twists around it, like a celtic design. Two blue sapphires were present in the center of the ring. As I turned it over I saw that mine and Ashton's initials were engraved on the base. I smiled up at him, trying not to cry.

"Oh Ashton, it's beautiful." I whispered.

"It's a promise ring." he said as he took the ring and slowly placed it on my finger.

"I promise that I will always love you and be here for you. You are my world and I want everyone to know that you're mine." he told me.

"I don't deserve you!" I cried throwing myself into his arms.

"Of course you do." he replied kissing the top of my head.

"No, I don't." I whispered into his chest. I wanted so badly to tell him what had happened with Luke, but I was afraid. Afraid that he would be hurt and angry with me, and that he wouldn't want me anymore. I couldn't lose him. I just couldn't.

"What was that?" he asked me gently.

"Nothing." I replied quickly.

"I'm going in the sea, are you coming?" he asked me excitedly.

"I'll catch you up." I said smiling at him.

"Okay, I love you." he said.

"I love you too, and thanks for the ring." I said.

He smiled at me, turned and ran towards the ocean. I glanced around looking for Luke. I wanted to check that he was alright. I eventually saw him walking the opposite direction along the beach. I slowly made my way over to him.

"Hey." I said nervously as he turned to look at me.

"Hey trouble." he replied.

"Is that my new name." I giggled.

He nodded and smiled slightly.

Luke's POV

My heart began to beat a little faster everytime she was near me. I didn't know what it was about her, that made me feel like I wasn't whole when we were apart.

"I like the name 'trouble'." I told her.

"Me too." she said smiling at me. She looked so beautiful when she smiled. I couldn't help but stare at her amazing body as she stood in front of me, in her bikini. She must have caught me looking, because at that moment she blushed. I chuckled as her cheeks turned a deep crimson colour.

"I like your bellybutton piercing." I told her, trying to pretend that's what I was looking at.

She smiled uncomfortably.

"I'm sorry about what happened between us." she said sighing deeply.

"I'm not." I replied quickly.

She looked at me for a long time and then continued:

"Don't Luke... I love Ash." she announced quietly.

"I know, but I think if you're honest with yourself, you love me too." I replied sadly.

"It just happened because I was upset!" she exclaimed defensively.

I kicked the sand angrily.

"You know how much I care about you, and it's killing me seeing you with Ashton." I told her.

Silence fell as I waited for her to respond.

"I don't know what you want me to say." she whispered eventually.

"I want you to tell me how you feel about me." I replied impatiently.

"I can't...." she started.

"Why not?" I cried raising my voice slightly.

"I just can't." she said as tears began to flow down her face.

"I need you to tell me." I sighed.

Laura's POV

I couldn't tell Luke how I felt, because to be honest I didn't know myself. I was struggling with the conflicted emotions that I was feeling. I didn't want to hurt Luke or Ashton, but at the same time, I couldn't figure out how I felt.

"Please stop, Ashton can never find out!" I exclaimed.

"Ashton can never find out what?" I heard Ashton's voice from behind me.

I gasped and turned to face him....

AN- I bet you guys thought Ashton was going to propose lol. Okay so I am going to give Michael a lady friend (in a few chapters time) and thought I'd run a little competition. Who wants their name to be the name of Michael's lady? Message me on Wattpad telling me your name, why you want to be in the book, and a little bit about your personality (so I know for the character) and I'll pick someone. Please no one get upset if you don't get picked. It's just a bit of fun :) So get messaging lol! :) x