Chapter Forty Five

Luke's POV

I knew from her voice that something was badly wrong. I knew she was unhappy, but this time she sounded different. An edge was present in her voice that hadn't been there before. It concerned me when she wouldn't tell me where she was. What if she did something stupid. I tried to call her again, but there was no reply. I paced the room, starting to panic. I stopped pacing as I realised that I needed to speak to Ashton, maybe he would know what was going on. I left my room, and ran upstairs to Ashton's room. I knocked on the door.

"What the hell do you want?!" he exclaimed as he opened the door and saw me standing there.

"Oh sorry, you're on the phone." I replied.

I sat in the chair and waited until he finished the phone call. Eventually he hung up and glared at me.

Ashton's POV

I hung up the phone, and glared at him.

"Was that Laura on the phone?" he asked.

"Yeah, why?" I snapped.

"She phoned me earlier and something wasn't right." he stated.

"Well, I just spoke to her, and she sounded fine to me." I replied impatiently.

"But-" he started.

"Are you seriously suggesting that you know my girlfriend better than I do." I interrupted.

"No, I'm just saying that-" he tried again.

"Well, don't just say!" I snapped as I stormed towards the door. I placed my hand on the knob, but froze when he said:

"Did she tell you how much you mean to her?" he asked quietly.

I turned to look at him, and saw genuine fear in his eyes. For the first time in a while, I felt genuine respect for him. He really cared about her.

"Yeah, she did." I whispered.

"Me too." he answered hesitantly.

"She wouldn't leave without saying goodbye would she?" I asked panicking slightly.

"I don't know, but I think she's going to do something stupid." he stated.

"Like what?" I asked quickly.

He shrugged.

"We have to find her." I told him, my voice cracking slightly.

He nodded and grabbed my laptop. I watched him, as he sat typing quickly.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"She has an iPhone right?" he asked.

"Yeah, so?" I enquired frowning.

"So it has GPS, so I can find out where she is." he announced proudly.

I stared at him, in amazement, confused as to how he knew so much about it. He continued typing away for a few minutes, before a map appeared, with a mark showing her location.

"How did you do that?" I exclaimed.

"I'm good with technology." he grinned.

I looked at the map.

"So, she's at the beach." I said quietly.

Luke nodded.

"She's probably just gone for some relaxing time." he said, sitting back in his chair, clearly more relaxed.

I sat thinking for a moment. I couldn't escape the bad feeling that was growing in my stomach.

"I have to check she's okay." I stated as I jumped up and grabbed my keys.

"I'll come with you." Luke said, following me.

I ran to the car and sped to the beach. Luke and I ran down the track and stood on the sand, frantically looking left and right for her.

"I can't see her!" I cried as I began to panic.

"She has to be here!" he exclaimed.

I shielded my eyes against the sun, and looked out towards the ocean, desperately hoping that I would see her swimming.

"This is hopeless!" I cried hysterically.

Luke elbowed me, I glanced at him, and saw that he was looking up towards one of the cliffs. I could see a figure sitting right at the edge. I couldn't make out who it was but I knew instinctively that it was Laura.

"You go, it's you she loves." Luke whispered.

"She loves you too." I replied.

"Yeah, but she loves you more." he replied. I could see the sadness in his face and hear it in his voice. I smiled at him and glanced up at the cliff again. I could see that she was standing on the edge, looking down at the sea. I glanced at Luke and ran....