Chapter Twenty Two

I bolted upright in bed as I heard the front door close. I turned to see Ashton still asleep beside me. I listened carefully to the commotion taking place downstairs. Eventually I heard Ashton's mum's voice. I sighed and closed my eyes again. I jumped when I realised that his mum didn't know about us.

"Shit." I muttered frantically pulling my clothes on.

"Ashton!" I hissed.

No response.

"Ashton for god sake!" I exclaimed throwing a pillow on his head.

"Hmm." he answered groggily.

"You're mum's back." I stated.

"Good." he mumbled and closed his eyes again.

I could tell that he wasn't fully awake. I sighed in frustration, as I quickly brushed my hair. All of a sudden, I heard a knock at the door.

"Ashton." his mum called.

I tiptoed over to Ashton, and gently shook him.

"Ash your Mum is at the door." I whispered.

I watched his blank expression as the realisation slowly dawned on him. He threw off the covers and ran over to the door.

"Ashton, clothes." I hissed as I threw him some clothes and ran into the en-suite bathroom giggling.

Once his mum left, he opened the bathroom door. He stood topless, his hair sticking up. I smiled at how handsome he looked. I walked over to the sink to brush my teeth. He hopped into the shower. I looked over at him. He looked amazing, his body was so muscular. I had never been so attracted to someone, and he was mine. I smiled at the thought. He stepped out of the shower and hugged me.

"Eww , Ash, you're soaked." I squealed.

He laughed and let go of me.

"I wanted to say that if you want to see your Dad, I won't stand in your way." he said quietly. I could see how difficult he found saying it, which if possible made me love him even more. I smiled.

"I don't know what to do." I told him.

"All I ask is that you meet him in a public place, and that I come with you." he said.

I nodded and pecked his lips. I was touched by how much he cared about me.

"I have no way of contacting him anyway." I said shrugging.

He sighed.

"I'm going to regret this." he said quietly.

I raised an eyebrow waiting for him to continue.

"When I first realised it was him following you, I did some research to find out if he moved here or was just visiting." he stated quietly then continued: "It turns out he lives a few streets from here, and is in the phone book."

I stared at him, as I processed the information.

"So I guess you have to decide what to do next." he said smiling at me.

I nodded, thinking deeply.

"Maybe I should call him?" I asked.

"It's your choice." he answered shrugging.

I made a snap decision. I rummaged in my pocket and pulled out my phone. A quick Google search later and I had found the number. My fingers shook as I entered the numbers. I slowly placed the phone against my ear, as my heart began to thump.

"Hello." I heard my father's voice.

"Um..hi." I stuttered.

"Laura, how are you?!" he exclaimed.

"Fine." I whispered. I could feel myself getting emotional. I didn't know how to feel. It felt good to finally have some family in my life, but on the other hand, I felt I was betraying my mum. I glanced at Ashton as he watched me intently.

"Good. Are you free later?" he asked hopefully.

"I guess." I replied.

"Great, how about your local pub at seven?" he asked.

"Sure." I replied.

"Great see you then." he stated.

As soon as I hung up, Ashton walked over and hugged me.

"How was it?" he asked me sadly.

"Weird. He wants to meet at the pub tonight." I stated.

"I'm coming with you." he announced.

"I love you so much." I mumbled against his chest.

"I love you too." he whispered as he kissed the top of my head.

AN: Does anyone want the next chapter dedicated to them?