Chapter Forty Six

Laura's POV

I felt a sickening jolt as I fell. But I felt no fear, only relief. I had finally plucked up the courage to do it, and I would soon be free from the pain forever. I stopped falling and abruptly came to a stop, as I felt someone grasp my hand and hold me tightly.

Ashton's POV

I ran up the path. I had never run so fast in my life. I could see that she was dangerously close to the edge. I ran faster. As I reached the top of the cliff, I saw her disappear over the edge.

"NOOOO!" I screamed.

I ran to the edge and threw myself down on the ground. As I lay on my stomach, to balance myself, I quickly swung my hand towards hers. I breathed a sigh of relief as I caught her hand and closed my grip tightly.

Laura's POV

I looked up and saw Ashton laying on his stomach leaning over the cliff. I felt his hand tightly in mine.

"Laura, are you okay?" he called.

"Ashton, you have to let me go." I whispered.

Ashton's POV

"Ashton you have to let me go." she whispered.

Her words cut through me like glass, how could she be in such a bad place to think like that.

"I can't." I cried, as tears began rolling down my cheeks.

She slipped slightly as she let go of my hand. I quickly grabbed hold of her wrist.

"Don't you dare let go." I exclaimed passionately.

"Please let me go, I want this!" she pleaded.

"I can't, I need you!" I cried, my voice cracking.

"No, you don't, please, you have to let me go!" she screamed pleadingly.

"NEVER!" I exclaimed. I groaned as I tried to pull her back up towards me. I slipped slightly, causing her to scream.

"Ashton, we are both going to fall, you have to let go!" she sobbed.

"No." I groaned as I frantically tried to pull her towards me.

I ignored the pain and continued pulling. My shoulders were screaming from the pressure of pulling her up. I didn't care. I only cared about saving her. I heaved one final time, and gently pulled her back onto the cliff. I stood up and quickly pulled her into my arms. She fought to get away from me. As she succeeded she ran towards the cliff edge again. I wrapped my arms around her waist and held tightly, as she struggled to get free. She struggled for a few moments, before eventually she sagged in my arms. I could see that she was emotionally exhausted. She turned around and faced me, but I didn't let go of her. I was afraid of what she'd do. She threw herself into my arms, causing my knees to buckle slightly. As I fell to the ground, I pulled her onto my lap and held her tightly as she screamed and sobbed.

AN- OMG I think I need a lie down after writing this chapter lol! Hope you guys enjoy it :) x