Chapter Forty Three

I woke up with a start. As I blinked, trying to adjust to the daylight, I noticed I was still resting against Ashton's door. I could feel someone pressed against me and I turned to see Michael beaming at me. I smiled slightly. I saw Bonnie standing next to Micheal looking slightly uncomfortable.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him groggily.

"We came to get Ashton." he stated.

"What for?" I enquired.

"We have a sound check which he is almost an hour late for." he told me as he looked at his watch.

"We thought maybe you guys were having make-up sex, but I guess not." he added grinning.

"Why are you sleeping out here?" Bonnie asked kindly.

"Ashton hates me, and I had nowhere to go." I whispered.

"I'll talk to him." Bonnie stated impulsively as she quickly knocked on the door and entered the room.

Ashton's POV

I jumped as Bonnie entered the room. I was sitting in the chair, updating twitter on my phone.

"Why aren't you at sound check?" she demanded.

"I told Dale, that I'm done with the band." I said shrugging.

"What about your friends?!" she exclaimed.

"Really, well we all know what my so called friend did to me." I snapped.

"What about Calum and Michael, they need you!" she cried.

I was so done being made to feel guilty all the time.

"Whatever." I said as I stood up and walked out. I did a double take when I saw Laura and Michael sitting on the floor. They looked up at me.

"I believe we have rehearsals, Mike." I sighed as I walked past without even looking at her.

Laura's POV

I sighed as Michael squeezed my hand, before standing up and following Ashton. Bonnie lingered, watching me as I stood up slowly.

"I'm going to watch, do you want to come with me?" she asked.

"I'm not sure that's such a great idea." I replied sadly.

"Come on." she smiled and grabbed my hand, pulling me after her.

Bonnie and I sat together, watching the boys perform. Luke beamed at me and I smiled warmly back. As they sang She Looks So Perfect, Ashton locked eyes with me, but quickly looked away. As I watched him closely, I could see how talented he was, he made it look so easy. I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket. I looked at the screen, but I didn't recognise the number. I quickly left the room and answered it.

"Hi, is that Miss Evans?" a male voice asked me.

"Yes, who's calling?" I asked.

"My name's Richard, I'm calling from the hospital." he stated.

My heart began to pound, as my head was racing, what could this possibly be about.

"I'm really sorry to tell you this, but Paige passed away last night." he announced quietly.

I fell silent as the shock of what he said took hold.

"What happened?" I whispered.

"Her condition deteriorated, and she passed away overnight." he replied quietly.

"Was someone with her." I asked as my voice started to crack.

"Her mum." he said.

I hung up the phone, and leant against the wall. Why did I have to lose everyone who mattered to me. I couldn't take it anymore, I'd had enough.

I put my phone in my pocket and ran out of the building. I ran and ran, not knowing where I was going....