It's Official

"Sweetheart wake up now or you will be late for school."

Can heard his mom knocking on the door..

He has been up since four in the morning.
Not that he was excited to go to school..
Who would be anyway right?..

He has been nervous all night..
He couldn't sleep.

"Why?"
Well, Later tonight,
His mother will wed and he will officially have a stepfather and stepbrother.

His father died when he was just two years old so he couldn't really remember anything about him..

His mother did give everything she can and worked hard to reach where they are now.

She currently works as a Credit and Collection Manager at a five star hotel and that is where she met his soon to be stepdad..

He was a guest at the hotel,
they said that everything started only as employee and customer relation but fate gave them too many chance encounter.

Too many that they decided to hang out and eventually, fell for each other, dated and as her mother would described it,

"Sparks flew and she felt butterflies in her stomach"

Can's original reaction was more of worms in his stomach as he wanted to puke..

his mom was so cheezy, but he wanted her to be happy, so he never uttered any disagreement with their union.

She has been working non stop for sixteen years now to feed him and she deserves her own happiness.

He has met his mother's lover twice,
he is a businessman and he mainly exports construction supplies and a darn rich one..

He can still remember him fetching them in a luxury car that he only sees in magazines and he was not like other rich people. He was down to earth and enigmatic..

He recalled him saying that he was from a poor family of three but he worked night and day to finish his studies..

And his dedication and desire to become successful became evident after a few years.

He even stated that he could live with them or if he wants to, he can even buy him a new condo which he politely declined.

He said that he will just stay here at their old unit not because he is not in good terms with him but rather he and his mom have this agreement that he will try to live independently and pay for his expenses.

He wanted to be responsible for himself so his mom can also enjoy her married life without worrying too much about him.

He has not met his soon to be brother yet..
But tonight, he would..
He said he was just a year older than him..
He was studying abroad living with his mom and will come home today, on their wedding day.

His stepfather even said..
"You are like my son, Tin."
"He don't want anything to do with my business and he actually is a scholar.

I salute kids who thinks like you two."

But of course, it's really to early to tell what will happen right?

He decided to go outside..
"Wow, kidflash.. you're all ready?!"
his mom said in amazement..

"Mom I am not a kid anymore.."
"Geez, I'm already 18 and don't call me kidflash.."
"I dont like it!"