What Goes Up

I finally get Heath to the emergency room and inside, where they immediately take him back. They force me to stay in the waiting room since im not family. I call Elton.

Elton: Hello?

Y/N: Hey. Hes getting taken care of now. Im sorry for leaving you behind. I just didnt want a huge group of drunk people left alone in our new place. We just got it, I dont want it ruined already.

Elton: No, its okay. I understand.

Y/N: You sure?

Elton: Of course.

Y/N: Ill make it up to you when I get back. Okay?

Elton: Ooh. Im looking forward to it.

I can literally hear the smirk on his face right now.

Y/N: Good. How is the party going, anyway?

Elton: People are just chilling now. Everyone is kind of sobering up slowly but surely. Oh by the way, Todd fell into one of the blue lamps and broke it.

I sigh harshly.

Y/N: Of course he did.

I chuckle slightly.

Y/N: Next party we have, there should be no alcohol. I mean, we dont even drink it and here we are buying it for everyone else.

Elton: Yeah, but then no one would show up.

Y/N: Our friends would. I dunno. Anyway, I should go. He probably wont be much longer. I love you.

Elton: I love you too.

Both: Bye.

I hang up and sit down inside, going onto Pinterest to continue getting ideas for Eltons birthday party. He had no clue I was planning one, but Kristen has been helping me with it. Corey has too, and I wouldve asked the other guys, but they arent great with secrets. I smirk remembering last year when we tried to throw him a surprise party and Sam totally ruined it.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Flashback
--------------------------------------------------------------

We were driving to Jasons and Todds place, where we were throwing Eltons surprise party. Corey, Aaron, and Jake were all already at the house.

Y/N: Its such a nice day out! I hope it will be like this for your birthday too, Elton!

Elton: Me too. Its such a perfect temp out right now. I love it.

Colby: So what are we doing now?

Elton: Going to Toddys place to hangout with everyone.

Sam: Oh shit! I forgot the gift!

I freeze. I turn to Sam with my eyes wide.

Elton: Gift?

None of the three of us say anything as I continue to stare down Sam with hatred.

Sam: U-uh yeah. I was uh- I was supposed to pick up your birthday present today from where I ordered it at.

Elton: Sam, youre a really bad liar.

At this point im rubbing my temples in frustration.

Elton: So, im assuming we're headed to my surprise birthday party?

I dont say anything. I took so much time out to make sure this party was perfect.

Colby: Uh... Yeah...

Sam: Im sorry for ruining the surprise Y/N. I really didnt mean to. Just slipped out.

I sigh.

Y/N: I know. Its okay.

I'm not that mad, but I am definitely bummed.

Y/N: Can you at least act surprised when we get there? Please?

Elton: Of course.

He grabs my hand and continues driving.

--------------------------------------------------------------
End of flashback
--------------------------------------------------------------

As I look up from my phone Heath walks out into the waiting room with his gauze wrapped hand.

Heath: I had to get stitches.

He pouts as he talks with a baby voice. I respond the same way.

Y/N: Im sowwy. You wanna go back to the house wittle baby?

He nods and hums while still sticking his lower lip out.

Y/N: You know what?

Heath: What?

Y/N: Just for you being so good today I'll buy you a milkshake.

I laugh as his eyes light up. He is seriously a kid at heart.

Heath: Yes!

I stop at the first place with a milkshake thats on the way, ordering him one.

Heath: You arent gonna get one?

Y/N: Nah im good. I'll eat whatever is left at the house if theres anything.

I pay for the milkshake and continue driving home. We get there within 15 minutes and walk inside. I scan the room, looking for Elton. I spot him outside through the sliding glass door, and immediately speed walk to him. I snake my arms around him from behind and take in his calming scent.

Elton: Hi baby.

Y/N: Hi. I missed you.

Elton: I missed you to. Can you loosen your grip so I can turn around and kiss you.

I do so, and he turns around quickly and gives me a passionate kiss.

Y/N: If thats what I get whenever I come back, I should go out more often.

I giggle as he smirks at me and kisses my lips again softly.

Y/N: I see a lot of people left already.

Elton: Yeah well we ran out of alcohol so they went to go find somewhere else that has some.

Y/N: Lovely.

He hums in response as a pair of arms lift me up and spin me around before throwing my into the pool, but not quite enough since my head slammed into the cement. I sink for a while, stunned, until I come back to me senses and swim up quickly remembering my phone in my pocket.

Y/N: Who the fuck was that?! My phone! Shit shit shit shit

Everyone is just kind of staring at me.

Y/N: What?

I put my hand up to the seemingly large bump on my head and retract it at the instant shoot of pain.

Y/N: Owwy

I look at my hand to see blood. Not a lot, but enough for me to know the impact broke skin. Now, normally blood doesnt bother me. But today? Two times in a row? And its my blood? Oh, no. This fucked me up. I instantly feel dizzy and my adrenalin is clearly worn off. A pounding pain goes through my head and my vision starts fading as I feel two pairs of hands pulling me out of the pool.