Perfect Day (A True Story)

I woke up in a cold sweat with Elton holding my face.

Elton: Baby. Are you okay?

Y/N: Sorry. It was a... Nightmare I guess.

Elton: You want to talk about it?

I nod and try to remember how it began.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Dream
--------------------------------------------------------------

It was a perfect day. We get home from the perfect day at the beach. We honestly couldnt help but hold eachother. We were tangled at the lips. We took a break so I could go take a shower. I washed the sand out of my hair, and stepped out of the shower. Looked into the foggy mirror, and saw a message staring back at me.

I saw "I love you" written in the steam, and I couldnt help but smile at the sweet message he left me. Even after all this time he gives me butterflies. But as I examine the message more... I realize it wasnt in his handwriting.

No

Then those happy little letters were the saddest thing I'd ever seen. After all this time, he would cheat? We're due to be married and have our child... I sit down onto the toilet with my towel wrapped around me. My hair and eyes are dripping, and I cover my mouth to try to muffle the sound of my heart breaking.

I walk out and start grabbing my essential items. Purse, phone, wallet... Elton walks in and notices what Im doing.

Elton: What are you doing?

Y/N: Im leaving.

Elton: What? Why?

Y/N: Who wrote the note on the mirror? Who loves you, Elton?

His face drops. That was answer enough for me.

Y/N: You know, i'm not the type to be left speechless but I dont think I can deal with this.

Elton: Y/N it was a one time thing I swear im so sorr-

Y/N: Why couldnt you have just wiped it away?!

Elton: Y/N...

Y/N: You couldve at least let me live in blissful ignorance! You couldve let me have this perfect day!

Elton: You have to believe me! Im so so sorry!

Y/N: Im sorry Elton. I cant forgive this. We're over.

We ended on a perfect day.

What did I do to deserve this?

--------------------------------------------------------------
Real Life
--------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N: God it was such a perfect day...

Elton wraps his arms around me.

Elton: Its okay... It was just a dream.

Y/N: Dont kill my butterflies, okay?

Elton: What?

Y/N: Ive always said you still give me butterflies. Dont cheat and kill them... Please...

Elton: Y/N. I would never do that to you. I love you way to much to do something stupid like that. I cant imagine my life without you.

Y/N: Promise?

Elton: I promise. Its you and me until the end.

I look up at him. He truly is the best man I have ever met.

Y/N: Im so glad I get to marry you.

He smiles and kisses me tenderly.

Elton: Im glad I get to marry you too.

I smile almost wickedly as I slowly grasp a pillow and whack him with it.

Elton: Hey!

He grabs a pillow and starts hitting me as well. We have a heated pillow fight until it gets to the point where stuffing and feathers are flying everywhere. We flop down beside eachother on the bed and laugh hard.

Y/N: This is the perfect day. This beats a bad dream any day of the year.

Elton: I cant believe something as simple as a pillow fight feels so perfect. With you just laying under the stars would feel perfect. Everything feels perfect with you.

Y/N: Hey! Thats what I was gonna say!

He laughs as I sit up on my elbows and pout at him.

Elton: Gotta be quicker next time Mrs. Castee!

I blush

Y/N: Mrs. Castee... I like the sound of that.

Elton: So do I.

I use his smile as a distraction and leap on him and start a tickle fight. He always wins, but its still fun.

Elton: You're such a cheater!

He flips us over and starts tickling me like crazy, basically to the point where I cant breathe because I'm laughing so much.

Y/N: Okay, okay! You win!

Elton: Promise?

He keeps my arms pinned as he looks down at me and smiles.

Y/N: No.

I smile mischievously and use my entire body weight to flip us over and start tickling him back, making him laugh loudly.

Elton: Oh my gosh how did you even do that?! Ahh!!!!

I laugh too, before I stop and look into his eyes. I lean down and kiss him, still smiling. That dream may have been awful, but because of it, I have gotten the perfect day. And its not going to end bad. Theres no mirror to show me a secret message. Nothing can ruin this night.

A bad dream, a pillow fight, and a tickle fight led to the most love filled night I have ever had.

((A/N - This chapter is heavily inspired by the song Perfect Day (A True Story) from Gabbie Hanna's new EP 2WAYMIRROR. Its truly a great body of art and I highly reccommend going and listening to it. Hope you enjoyed!))