Bruised And Bloodied

A lot of things run through your mind when you believe someone is dead. Things you wish you had said, things you wish you had said more, and things you wish you never would have said. All that was running through my mind when I first saw that headline was "Everything is over if he is gone". Nothing mattered anymore. I momentarily forgot the constant dread of post partum depression, I forgot about everything. I went into fight or flight mode, and moved my children and dog to another house to be taken care of while I drove 21 hours to Texas to be with the one man that can single handedly make me smile by just looking at me a certain way.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I walk into Eltons room, and see him there all bruised and bloody and gasp.

Y/N: My Elty...

His eyes open, im assuming because he heard me. He looks around for a moment before his eyes finally land on me and go wide.

Elton: Y/N?

I walk to him and grab his hand, and kiss it gently.

Elton: Am I dead?

I laugh slightly and shake my head.

Y/N: No babe, youre still with me.

Elton: But how are you here?

Y/N: I saw the news and immediately packed everything up and started driving here.

He looks around the room.

Elton: What about Sol and Leo?

Y/N: Scott and Kristen offered to watch them along with Circa.

Elton: Wow. Remind me to thank them. Im so happy to see you.

I smile and kiss him gently.

Y/N: You know what?

Elton: Hmm?

Y/N: I feel a little backwards.

Elton: What? How?

Y/N: Because youre the one in the hospital bed. Im used to being the one in the hospital bed. I dont like it the other way around. Well, I dont like it any way. Lets stop winding up in the hospital okay?

He nods.

Elton: Okay.

His eyes widen slightly.

Elton: What happened to Sam and Colby and all of them?!

Y/N: They survived. I havent gone and seen them yet, but I have their room numbers.

Elton sits up and swings his legs over the edge of the bed.

Y/N: Whoa. Where you going?

Elton: To make sure my nephews are okay.

I help him stand, and have him lean against the IV trolley as I tie his gown up so his butt isnt hanging out as he goes through the halls. I go beside him as we walk and he uses one arm for the trolley and has one arm around my shoulders for extra support. We finally reach Sams room, and go inside. He sits in the same condition as Elton, but awake.

Sam: Elton! Y/N! Have you seen or heard about Colby or Corey or Andrea? The nurses havent told me anything! Im so glad to see youre okay, Elton!

Y/N: I havent seen anyone but you two yet, but I have their room numbers.

I help Elton sit into a chair and pull the slip of paper back out. I start for the door.