Quarantined

After almost going back to Suicide Bridge, not a whole lot has been happening. I mean, the world has gone to shit, but, in general, our little family is okay.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elton: BABE!

I jump up from the unexpected nap I was taking on the couch.

Y/N: Yes, my love?

Elton: Corey is gonna come over, okay?

I nod.

Y/N: As long as he's masked.

I giggle as Sol and Leo are playing in their pack and play. It wasnt long before a knock came from the front door, making the kids squeel in excitement.

Elton: Is that aunty Corey babies?

The twins squeel again and clap. Elton opens the door and in walks Corey. I get up and take the twins out of the pack and play and bring them to their beloved aunty Corey.

Corey: Heyyy my kiddos!

He grabs them both from me and immediately sits down to play with them while chatting with Elton and I.

Corey: How have things been?

Elton: Exhausting. I want to go out and travel and explore again.

I nod in agreeance.

Y/N: Same. I want to get out of this damn house without being scared.

Corey also nods and thinks for a moment.

Corey: I have an idea!

Elton: What is it aunty Corey?

Corey: What if the whole friend group went camping? We all quarantine for 14 days, then all go camping together? It could be really fun!

Elton: What about the babies? I doubt they'd enjoy camping at their age..

Y/N: My mom could quarantine too and then watch them for us. I'm sure she would.

Elton's eyes brighten.

Elton: You really think we could do it?

Y/N: Of course. I'll call her right now and ask her what she thinks.

I grab my phone and press on my moms contact.

Mom: Hey Y/N! How are you?

Y/N: I'm alright mom, how have you been?

Mom: I've been pretty good. Getting pretty tired of being stuck inside though.

Y/N: Yeah, us too. Which brings me to a question...

Mom: Uh oh. What now?

She asks giggling.

Y/N: Well, the friend group wanted to go camping after all quarantining for 14 days.

Mom: And you want me to watch the kiddos?

Y/N: Yes please.

Mom: Hmmm... I guess I can do that. When?

Y/N: We aren't sure yet, but I'll text you when we figure it out with the whole group.

Mom: Okay, let me know, love you guys!

Y/N: Love you too!

I put the phone down and turn to the kiddos and the boys with a smile.

Elton: She said yes?!

I nod.

Y/N: Of course she did!

Corey and Elton get excited, making the babies giggle and clap.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time Jump

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sam, Colby, Jake, Heath, Corey, Elton and I are all in a group zoom call.

Elton: So what do you guys think?

Sam: I love it, could be some really fun videos.

Jake: Yeah for sure, I'm down. I'll start thinking of video ideas.

Colby: I'm in too. I can show off my eagle scout knowledge again.

Everyone laughs.

Heath: Yeah, for sure, I have a big tent that can fit 4-6 people I believe. As long as I can bring Mariah.

I smile.

Y/N: Of course you can bring her, and Sam you can bring Kat and Jake can bring Tara. I think everyone should start ordering what you want now, that way we for sure have everything and don't have to go into a store for to long. This way we'll only have to grab ice and some quick stuff.

Everyone nods.

Elton: Alright, so, starting the day after tomorrow we are all agreeing to quarantine for 14 days. Right?

Everyone: Yes

Elton: Okay, good, so tomorrow get all the food you'll need for the next 2 weeks, and plenty of entertainment cause its gonna get really boring really quick.

Everyone says their goodbyes and leaves the call. I turn on the notes app on my phone and starts making a list of everything we'll need for us, and everything my mom and kids will need while we're gone. I look to Elton.

Elton: What?

Y/N: You better get to work on editing those videos you have in backlog cause its going to cost a pretty penny.

He smiles.

Elton: And you better get to writing your article after you're done making the list.

I smile.

Y/N: Ready?

Elton: Set?

Both: GO!

We both go to work trying to make sure we have plenty money for this trip without pulling any from our savings account that is specific for trips.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDITORS NOTE:

HELLO! I AM SO SORRY I HAVE BEEN MIA FOR SO LONG! I'M NOT GONNA MAKE ANY PROMISES ABOUT BEING MORE ACTIVE ON HERE, I'VE HAD A REAL LACK OF INSPIRATION FOR A LONG TIME NOW! ANYWAY, I HOPE YOU HAVE ALL BEEN DOING WELL! ~JESSI

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------