31. I Don't*hiccup*Know What To Call*hiccup*This One But It'll Be*hiccup*Awesome

Cas wasn't sure what was wrong with him. Every once in a while, he'd make this really weird sound and it felt like his heart was jumping up into his throat.

He went to Dean, he would know what was wrong.

"Dean, I can't seem to *hiccup* be able to control my-*hiccup*-self. I keep making this *hiccup* noise and it won't stop. *hiccup* Its starting to hurt, *hiccup* Dean."

Dean suppressed a laugh when he replied, "Cas, you've got the hiccups."

Cas tilted his head. "What is *hiccup* that? Why is it so painful?"

"Cas, I'm not a dictionary. I can't define the hiccups. Just try getting a drink of water, you'll be fine."

"Are you *hiccup* sure?"

Dean went and got him a glass of water.

"Drink up. This usually works."

"Only *hiccup* usually?" Cas grabbed the water and started drinking it. He hiccuped again and nearly choked. He involuntarily coughed up the water, getting it all over himself. His trench coat was soaked. He looked at Dean embarrassedly.

"Alright. Try holding your breath."

Cas sucked in a deep breath and held it. It wasn't long before he realized he was terrible at holding his breath. He thought his lungs would explode.

He grabbed the counter and started hitting his fist on it. Dean found this amusing and tried to cover up a smile. Cas hiccuped again and accidentally released his breath.

"It's not working, *hiccup* Dean. And my clothing is still *hiccup* wet."

"Well, why don't you get changed?"

Cas looked down at his feet shyly. "I don't know how. Can you help me?"

Dean blushed. This was incredibly awkward.

"Uh... I guess." He murmured.

They went to his bedroom and Dean got out a change of clothes. A grey ACDC T-shirt and jeans.

He quickly took off Cas's trench coat, silently praying that it wouldn't be as awkward as he thought it would.

He took off his jacket. Only a soaking wet white shirt now. Awkwardness increasing.

He unbuttoned the shirt. With each button undone, everything grew more and more uncomfortable.

For Dean. For Cas, not so much. He didn't really know what was supposed to be awkward and what wasn't. Although, he was pretty sure the persistent hiccups escaping his lips was considered "awkward". It was definitely annoying.

Dean got Cas's shirt off. He wasn't as much of a "nerd angel" as Dean thought. He was surprisingly muscular. Cas noticed the way Dean stared at him.

"Dean? Is there something *hiccup* wrong?"

"No. Nothing." He didn't even make eye contact.

"My eyes are *hiccup* up here, Dean."

Dean looked him in the eye. Those blue eyes mesmerized him. On a whim, he grabbed Cas by the arms and closed the gap between them.

And Cas kissed him back.

They pulled back and looked at each other.

"That scared me, Dean."

"It's possible to scare your hiccups away. Maybe that worked."

Cas yawned and rubbed his face tiredly. "I need rest. I feel tired." He rested his head against Dean's chest, Dean wrapping his arms around him.

"Cas?"

"Yes, Dean?"

"You're not wearing a shirt."

Cas looked down at himself. His chest was still exposed. He put on the T-shirt and jeans and got into bed with Dean. He yawned again.

"Good night, Dean." He mumbled.

Just after he fell asleep, Dean hiccuped.