110. Check Thyself Before Thy Wreck Thyself

(A/N: Yes, a real one shot. I'm just as surprised as y'all.)

After Cas lost his grace, he decided to stay at the bunker with Sam and Dean. Since he was now human, he thought it best to familiarize himself with human customs. One of the things he quickly discovered was YouTube.

Viewing the homepage on Sam's laptop (which the Winchester wasn't aware of the fact that Cas was using), he wasn't sure what to watch on this website, as there were many videos from which to choose. According to YouTube, what was popular included videos about things such as "Pokemon", "film theory", and an orange man known as Donald Trump. Nothing that particularly interested him.

But as he scrolled down, he saw a recommended channel called "The Ellen Show". The first video in the recommendations was called "Ellen and Tyler Celebrate the Best of ellentube!" For whatever reason, this piqued his interest, so he clicked on the video. He saw the Ellen woman give an introduction before Tyler went on stage. He wasn't sure who either of these people were, but he was interested, so he kept watching. He saw a clip of another woman dressed identically as Ellen impersonate her, then Tyler introduced a video of a small child from the Philippines dance to a song Cas was not familiar with.

The video ended, and he wanted to see more of the Ellen woman. The next recommended video was called "Tyler Oakley Is Here!" Watching this video he learned more about what this man does. How he makes YouTube videos and makes an impact on people, including celebrities. He had made a video in 2008 about coming out as homosexual, and it had impacted a man named Ricky Martin.

Cas wanted to know more about Tyler Oakley, so he entered his name into the search bar. The first recommended video was titled "Hot Messes Try Rollercoasters (ft. Queen Jackie) | Tyler Oakley". According to Ellen, Queen Jackie is Tyler Oakley's mother. He decided to give the video a try.

Tyler and Jackie had gone to a place called Universal Studios to ride rollercoasters. Tyler seemed very exuberant and upbeat throughout the video. Cas thought he seemed like a fun person, and he even smiled a few times throughout the video.

He watched more and more videos, time seeming to fly by, until he saw a video that impacted him. Rainbow Road.

Tyler talked about two events that had happened in June. One was about a YouTuber named Christina Grimmie who had been shot and killed, and the other was a horrific shooting at a gay club where 50 people were killed. (A/N: if my mentioning either of these things are triggering to any of you in some way, I apologize thoroughly 💙)

Watching him talk about the gay community and how much he'd been affected by both of these things, and how scared it made him caused Cas to wonder about where society was heading. He'd only just begun to understand the concept of humanity and human nature, and finding out about this made him question it altogether. Seeing Tyler so close to tears over what happened was truly disheartening. No one should fear being someplace where they should be themselves.

Finishing the video, Cas realized he had to stop for a moment. This was not how he wanted the world to be. He knew that humans could be judgmental and arrogant, but seeing society go this far was... simply terrible.

He turned off the laptop, slowly closing the lid. Still slightly shaken, he went upstairs to the room he was staying in. Looking out the window, he realized the sun was rising. He decided it would be wise to get some rest. If he could even sleep.

~

Days passed, and Cas spent much of his time watching Tyler Oakley videos. It reached the point where he picked up a few of his mannerisms. For example, his voice changed ever so slightly. Rather than a deep, sultry voice, his tone was slightly higher and had a slight "accent", almost country. He was also saying things differently, and not just his tone. He went from formal language to saying things like "slay", and it was a strange thing to see.

Dean and Sam noticed this change in him, and Dean decided to talk to him about it. He found him in the bunker library, reading a book. He seemed very focused, with a slight smile on his face. Dean cleared his throat, and Cas glanced up at him for only a moment before returning to the book. "Oh, hey Dean," he greeted with his new tone of voice.

"Cas, can we talk for a minute?"

He looked back up at Dean. "Well, sure. What about?"

Dean sat in front of him. "So, you're watching YouTube videos now?"

"Yeah. I enjoy them, so...." He let the sentence hang.

"Right. I get that, I do. And I'm glad you've found something that you like. But... I think you're taking this... obsession to extremes just a small bit."

Cas didn't understand what he meant. "What do you mean? I'm not obsessed, I'm just a professional fangirl, Dean. Tyler and I both are, and I enjoy it. I bet you are too."

"Uh, no. Definitely not."

Cas raised an eyebrow. "Really? Because I've seen you watch Doctor Sexy, M.D. You are definitely a fangirl."

He rolled his eyes. "I'm not a fangirl, I just happen to enjoy a TV show."

"And I just happen to enjoy a YouTuber do his thing. Let me do mine."

Dean saw his point. "Touché. I gotta ask, what makes this Tyler Oakley guy so appealing?"

"I can relate to him, I guess."

"How exactly?"

He thought a moment. "Well... he talks about being homosexual, for starters. I'd also like to think that we share some of the same interests-"

"Woah, woah, back it up a bit," Dean cut him off. "Dude... are - are you... gay?"

Cas nodded. "Yes, I think so. I mean, I feel a strong attraction towards certain men. Tyler himself is very attractive. Then there's... well, someone else."

Dean found himself wanting to know. "Who is this 'someone else'?"

He blushed a light pink. "N-nothing. Never mind. It's nothing." He rubbed the back of his neck, clearly embarrassed.

"Hey, if you've got feelings for someone, you can tell me. Is it someone I know, is it another YouTube guy?"

"It's you, you dumbass!"

Dean was shocked to say the least. He didn't realize that Cas had feelings for him. "R-really?"

"I thought I've been making it obvious this whole time! God, are all men like this? You know how many times I've rebelled against heaven for you? You of all people! I've been trying so damn hard to get you to see what I'm putting in front of you! Do you honestly think two people can make eye contact for that long and just be friends? I mean... damn!"

He wasn't expecting to hear this from Cas. But thinking about it, it was kind of obvious. "I... I never thought of it that way. I - I, um... wow. Uh... I really don't know what to say."

"Well... do you like me back?"

He didn't even have to think twice. "Of course I do," he grinned. "Like you said, no two people can make that kind of eye contact and just be friends."

Cas smiled, happy to hear that. "Exactly. Y'know, I should show you a few Tyler Oakley videos. I think you'd enjoy him."

"Yeah, I'd be up for that."

"Right after I finish this chapter of Binge; Tyler is totally slaying right now, he's killing it."

They spent the next few years watching Tyler Oakley together, being happy with one another. After three years of dating, they went to Vidcon and got to meet Tyler. They told him their story (the parts that were believable and didn't involve Cas losing his angel grace) and Tyler declared that they were his OTP. Overall, it was happy times for those gay boys. And they all lived happily ever after (jk I just didn't know how to end it but they are happy)

(A/N: how's that for writing? Yeah. I'm a mess *sigh* DEAR LORD NO VACUUM IN THE WORLD CAN CLEAN ME UP

Also, remember last chapter when I said to make a song lyric comment chain? I regret it a little cuz now there's like 477 comments and I feel the need to read each one and u g h 😂

Anyway it's 3:35 am so I'll be off. Hey comment what time it is for you and find some time zone buddies!

Peace Off my Mini Marshminions!)