74. Suck It Christmas! /This/ Is The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year!

(As requested by @Justanerdygirlx. Danka!)

Dean was abruptly awoken by a certain ex angel early one morning. As in, before noon.

"Cas, what the hell?" He grumbled.

"Dean, where are the eggs?" He asked cheerily.

"Dude, what're you so egg-cited about?" He smirked.

"Do you even realize what today is?"

Dean thought for a moment, then realized. "Oh yeah. Day before Easter."

"Eggs-actly!"

Dean chuckled at the adorable little angel. Getting worked up over a holiday that was stolen from Jesus by a rabbit. "Cas, we don't have any eggs."

Cas looked genuinely disappointed. "Why not?"

"Cause we don't."

"But we need to paint them! And hide them! And wait for that big bunny to bring you chocolate!"

"Wait, what?" Dean suppressed his laughter.

Cas sighed impatiently. "The Easter Bunny, of course."

Dean scoffed. "Oh, yeah. Silly me. Cas, you do realize there's no such th-" But he stopped himself mid sentence. He, for some reason, couldn't bring himself to say that the Easter Bunny wasn't real. He couldn't do that to the poor guy.

"What?" Cas looked down at him with innocent blue eyes.

Dean waved the thought away. "Nah. Nothing. Cas, I, uh, I need to go... do something. With Sam."

"Are you going to buy eggs?"

"Sure, why not?"

He found Sam in the library and briskly approached him. "Alright, Sammy, here's the deal. Cas thinks the Easter Bunny is real, so we're gonna make sure he keeps believing that. At midnight tonight, we're gonna make it look like the Easter Bunny paid a visit. We're gonna set up 'bunny tracks' that lead to a basket full of chocolate; we're gonna paint some eggs and hide them in the bunker; we're basically gonna give Cas the best damn Easter ever. You in?"

Sam was looking at him like he was some kind of mutant. "Uh... okay."

Dean left a note for Cas saying that he and Sam would be out for a while. They set out to give Cas an Easter he'd never forget. They bought a boatload of chocolates, including those Cadbury Eggs, the cream ones and the caramel; Hershey's kisses; Reese's cups; even those little marshmallow Peeps things.

They bought a couple dozen eggs and some of that egg paint stuff, whatever it was. They didn't want Cas to see what they were doing, so they ended up painting the eggs in the Impala. Although Dean hated the idea, it was either that or risking Cas finding out what they were up to.

They soon had all the eggs painted and were just about ready to go back to the bunker, when they realized they almost forgot the more difficult part of their plan; the bunny tracks.

"Sam, how the hell are we supposed to make bunny tracks?" Dean asked.

Sam shrugged. "I dunno. This was your idea, man."

Dean sighed. "What, do we just paint rabbit footprints in the floor and hope he doesn't suspect anything?"

"Technically it would be paw prints."

"I'm gonna slap you, you walking encyclopedia of weirdness."

"That's not weirdness. That's common knowledge."