36. EVERYTHINGISEITHERGOINGTOOSLOWORI'MGOINGTOOFAST

There was a particularly interesting day in the bunker. Dean especially found it interesting.

He walked into the library and found Cas sitting at the table reading a book, his leg twitching up and down.

"Hey, Cas. Whatcha reading?"

"It'sabookDeananamazingbookyoushouldtryitDeanhaveyoueverreaditbefore?" He spoke at a thousand miles an hour.

"You okay, man?"

"I'mfineDeanI'mterrificwhywouldyouaskmethatIfeelgreatandawesomeandfantasticandwonderfulanddoyouhaveanymoresynonymsforme?"

"Cas, did you eat any brownies that tasted funny?"

"Ihaven'tconsumedanybrownieswhyaretheresomecanIhaveonewherearetheyIwantonenow!"

"What the hell, man? Slow down!"

"Ican'tslowdownDeaneverythingisgoingtooslowormaybeI'mgoingtoofastfortheworldhaveyouevertastedthedewofamountainittasteswonderfulwherearethoseaforementionedbrownies?"

"Hold on, hold on. The dew of a mountain?"

"Yesit'samazingDeanhaveyouevertrieditIdidn'tknowthedewofamountainisgreen!"

"Did it come in a little green can?"

Cas gasped loudly. "YouhavetrieditIknewyouhaveit'sinourrefrigeratorwherearethebrownies?!"

"Alright, Cas, just take a deep breath."

Cas obeyed and sucked in a deep breath and released it, and repeated the process a few times over.

"Now what?" He asked, slightly less rapidly.

"Cas, how much Mountain Dew did you drink?" Cas opened his mouth to answer, until Dean interrupted. "Say it... slowly."

"I... had... about... three... cans."

"You had three cans of Mountain Dew?"

"IknowIcan'thelpmyselfittastessogoodand... I... am... addicted. I'm... sorry... Dean."

"It's fine, you didn't know any better. Alright, I'm gonna ask Sam how to... deal with this, you stay here."

Cas just nodded quickly. But as soon as Dean left, when he tried to get back to reading his book, all the words started to blend together, forming one big blurry mess. He could barely keep his eyes open, and he felt so sluggish, he could hardly support his own body weight.

He decided to go look for Dean, despite his orders to stay in the library. He plodded towards Dean's bedroom, but he wasn't in there. He was about to leave when he caught sight of the bed. It looked like a really comfortable bed.

He flopped down on it, falling asleep instantly, having pretty much no other choice in the matter.

When Dean returned to the library and didn't see Cas in there, he started looking for him, muttering to himself how Cas was like a five year old. He looked all over the place until he found him asleep in his bedroom, snoring softly.

Dean smiled at the sight. He must've crashed. And after three Mountain Dews, he'd probably be out for a while.

He adjusted Cas's position so that he was laying in the bed the right way. He decided it was getting pretty late, so he got into bed with him.

He never felt quite as happy before then. He loved Cas, and he couldn't fight that feeling any longer. If only he had the strength to let it show.

He wanted to embrace this time with Cas, for he knew this would be his only opportunity. He started playing with the little angel's hair, kissing him on the neck, and other things he wouldn't have the chance to do once he was awake.

He soon closed his eyes and fell asleep, his cute little angel in his arms. But just before he fell asleep, he thought he heard Cas mumble something like, "I love you, Dean."