Chapter 37

I began pacing back and forth. The sound of the leaves crunching beneath my feet. The wind gently blowing across my face.

"Lauren, I don't think we can be friends." Camila said fiddling with her fingers.

"You just now figured that?" I huffed. "Friends don't kiss each other..let alone twice."

"You're my doctor Lauren. I'm grateful you risk your job and sometimes life but, whatever that was.." She sighed. "It was nothing. You're under stress and I'm in a nut house. It was a mistake we don't even like each other. We should leave it at that." Camila began walking away back towards the hospital.

"What if I do like you?"

"That's a terrible mistake. We both know this isn't real Lauren. We're just two fucked up people who so happend to cross paths."

"But isn't that how it works? Two helpless people inevitably coming to realize-"

"Lauren just stop." She said. "We'll be friends, nothing more nothing less. You don't need someone like me Lauren." She said coldly. "I'm just saying you can do so much better. "

Camila began walking once more. "What if I don't want to be your friend? What if I want to be more than that Camila" I yelled.

"I can't handle that. I don't want to hurt you Lauren."

"Then don't." I snapped.  Camila spun around to face me.

"It's not that simple Lauren. You're like Ana and I'm Christian." She said as she shrugged giving me a toothy grin. "I'm shades of fucked up."

"Why are you pushing me?"

"It's what I do Lauren!" She snapped. I slowly approached her. She slowly back away with each step I took toward her.

"Camila stop!" I said reaching for her hand. "I'm not going to hurt you."

"I don't know that Lauren!" Why would she even think I would hurt her. "I don't even know you." She said rubbing her temple.

"Then get to know me!" I walked back to the bench and sat in my previous spot. "I'll tell you everything you wanna know Camila but, you're not getting away from this friendship that easy."

A/N : I hate that since I'm a senior I automatically get varsity.  I want to earn my spot for softball.

I have my first date this weekend. I'm scared.  I'm like 17 3/4 and never have been on a date. I date but, I don't date.

You get me? This was the first and only filler chapter I will ever make. Sorry guys.