Chapter 50

You can call me crazy,  you can call me a little insane.

I think I am.

It's been seven hundred and thirty days , thirteen hours.

20 minutes..

One

-

Two.

One.

Two.

One.

"Two." I sighed placing the shot glass back down  on the granite countertop. "I thought she was serious this time."

"Maybe she's just late." Dinah shrugged.

"Two years late Dinah!" I yelled. "Played like a fool again." I laughed to myself.

"Maybe women aren't for you." She replied resting a hand on my shoulder. "You know.." She smiled brightly. "That new surgeon Brad Simpson has been asking me about you. "

"Can you like not?"

"That's how it's going to be?" Dinah removed her hands from me. "Camila isn't coming for you." She said slapping her thighs with her hands. "She stood you.  Again. You gotta move on. Maybe she loved you then I don't know Lauren. You're not going to sit her and drinking your life away."

"Camila was my life." I mumbled

-

Brian had taken Carter out for ice cream again. He said it was so I could have some 'Alone Time' .

I wouldn't be with me.

I don't see why Lauren would have either.

I didn't want Lauren to see me like this nor did I want to get her attached to Carter knowing the bond between them would have only been temporary.

Lauren deserves better. Better than me. She deserves the best and nothing less.

She just doesn't see it. One day she'll thank me.

Hopefully she'll forgive me.

I hope she doesn't blame herself.

I love her now.

I loved her then.

-

The heavy knocking on the door caused me to get irritated. First- you're knocking loudly. Secondly- you're knocking multiple times at a constant rate.

I opened the front door revealing something no one should ever see.

"Austin." I groaned.

"In the flesh baby." He smiled grimly.

Have you ever just saw someone and you just hated them on cue and your whole day just got screwed by this one encounter because of this person.

Since I was 16, it's been like that with Austin even though I was with Nathan, Austin kept trying to come around and make passes at me. Nathan caughr him a few times here and there but, never thought anything of it assuming boys will be boys.

"You don't look happy to see me." He pouted putting on a show.

"Because I'm not. "

"That's no way to talk to your brother-in-law."

"Look A-hole. I don't like you. Were in Florida,  if I wanted I could shoot you thanks to the stand your ground law." I snapped. "I play Call of Duty, my aim is on point."

"Well aren't you just a ball of sunshine." He smiled entering the house.

"Why are you here!"

"Take a few things left to me from Dallas' will." He said pushing his hair back.

"And what the hell might that be?"

He smirked and began laughing. "You."

A/N : This went up sooner than I thought. I swear Lauren's love life in this is like dysfunctional.