Chapter 8

Camila's Pov

After last night, I don't know how to feel. That was usual, that's never happened before. I don't know what's going on with me.

There was a knock on the door, causing me to jump.

"Sorry, Mila." Brian sighed.

"It's okay." I closed my journal and turned to face him. "What's up?" I ask.

"Dr. Jauregui wants to talk to you."

I slowly got up from the half broken stainless steel desk and pushed the chair back.

"Let's get this over with." I said letting out a stifled laughed.

As I was walking down the halls, I spotted Brian's brother with another kid, I've only been here about two months but, I know every kid in this place because of our unnecessary group sessions. I hated them.

"See you in a few." Brian smiled leaving me at Lauren's office door.  I smiled at him and he walked away.

I sighed deeply before I raised my hand to knock on her door but, seconds before my knuckle touched the wooden door. It opened. Lauren was standing there.

"Hey." She smiled shyly.

"Hi." I said looking down at my feet.

Lauren grabbed my hand and dragged me into her office, quickly closing the door.

"Are you okay?" She asked. I shrugged my shoulders and sat down in my chair.

"Camila, you know you can talk to me." I nodded and stayed silent.

"Why did you let them do that do me?'

"Camila...I didn't authorize that, I told them not to give you anything." She placed her hand over her mouth and sat on the edge of the desk.

I rolled my eyes at her and shifted in my seat. Lauren parted her lips to speak but, the brief knock on the door as it opened stopped her.

A caramel skinned, dark haired woman walked in.

"Oh, I can come back later." She whispered. I cocked an eyebrow at her and looked back at Lauren.

"No, it's fine." Lauren said, pulling the girl inside. "Camila?"

"Yup?"

"Camila, this is my fianceé.  Vanessa Santiago. She's a doctor here." Lauren gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey Camila, Lauren has told me alot about you." Vanessa said extending her hand out to me.

"I can't say the same." I smirked. She retracted her hand and placed it at her side.

I don't like her.

"I'll see you at home." Vanessa gave Lauren a small peck on the lips and walked out. Lauren closed the door and folded her arms across her chest.

I let out a small laughed and turned from her.

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing."

"Obviously it is, tell me."

Lauren moved so that she was now standing directly in front of me, as she leaned against her desk.

"I don't know, you just seemed straight to me."

"I'm sorry to disappoint you Camila, but I don't like men." She sighed.

"It's not a disappointment, it's just I didn't think your little girlfriend was your type." Lauren let a child like giggle.

"Fianceé." She corrected me. "What about you?" She asks.

"What about me?"

"Where's your boyfriend?"

"That is a personal question, isn't it Dr. Jauregui?" I smiled.

"I'm just trying to get to know you."

"Don't." I replied.