CHAPTER EIGHT

*ITS HERE!
Brian's doctor's appointment, as promised! And even a sneaky Rog's POV (which I've discovered I haven't done yet in a Maylor story 🤦🏽‍♀️)!
ENJOY LOVIES! 💕*

*BRIAN'S POV*
*One Day Later*
It had been a week since I'd gone to see Dr Young about my sickness and today he called to tell me my test results were back. I was both relieved, and a little anxious to know what was wrong with me. I'd still been sick over the last week, and the bloody over-the-counter tablets were doing nothing to stop my nausea, which meant that I was feeling just as bad, if not worse, than I had before I visited the doctor. It also wasn't helping that all I could keep down was cream biscuits! I think I'd eaten more than 10 packets in a week, which then led me to the situation I'd found myself in now. None of my pants would zip!

"You need to lay of the biscuits or go for a run Bri." Roger snickered from his spot in my doorway as he watched me struggle to get the zipper and button on my jeans to stay closed.

"Yeah, yeah." I muttered, jumping a little to try and get them to sit further up my hips, hoping that would help them stay.

"That's not gonna help you, chubs." He joked, causing me to stop and send him a glare.

"Excuse me?" I quizzed, my stare serious as I watched him quickly try and backpedal out of his joke.

"Oh uh, I was just kidding Bri, uh..." He mumbled, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly as I tried to hide my smirk, not wanting him to know I was playing around with him.

"It's no use." I sighed, frowning as I stopped bothering to try and wiggle my way into my pants. They weren't going to zip, no matter how hard I tried.

"Do you have a bigger pair?" Rog asked, making me shake my head as I tugged off the jeans, throwing them into the rather large pile I already had on the bed of pants that wouldn't zip.

"That was my last pair." I huffed, my hands on my hips as I stood baffled as to what I was meant to wear to the bloody doctors office. I couldn't just go in my boxers (which were thankfully long enough to hide my scars from Roger) and it's not like I could go in my pyjamas either.

"You really ate THAT many biscuits?" He scoffed. "I'm actually proud. I thought I was the one who ate the most around here." He chuckled, making my roll my eyes at him.

"This isn't funny Rog. I have nothing to fucking wear!" I snapped, angry at myself for devouring so much junk during the week. I didn't think it was THAT many biscuits, considering I hadn't eaten anything else with them, but apparently my body didn't think the same.

"You look squishy." The drummer laughed, wandering over to poke the bit of chub that was sitting on my lower stomach.

"Oi!" I snapped again, batting his hand away. "Leave me alone." I pouted, suddenly feeling down about my apparent weight gain. I'd never put on weight before, at least not in my 20s. I'm a lean guy, I usually don't hold any extra weight on my body, but now it seemed as though I was starting too. "It's, it's not my fault all I could eat was b-biscuits." I mumbled, blinking away tears that had suddenly sprung into my eyes. I didn't know why I was getting so emotional over this, weight gain wasn't a bad thing.

"Hey, I'm sorry Bri. I didn't mean to make you upset." Roger sighed, quickly placing his hand on my shoulder as I wiped my eyes. "I was just playing around."

"It's not your fault Rog. I, I don't know what's wrong with me." I sighed too, shaking my head as I sniffled a little. "I just got emotional all of a sudden." I mumbled again.

"You still look fine Bri. It's not, you can't help that you couldn't eat anything else." The blonde soothed, squeezing my shoulder as he tried to make me feel better. I nodded, still feeling bad about myself though I faked a smile, not wanting to make him feel worse for what he said. "Maybe you should just chuck on some darker pyjama bottoms, hmm?" He suggested. "I have a pair you can borrow?"