CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

*I had some spare time so I thought I'd smash out another chapter for you guys! I hope you like it! The ending is a bit 😭 though!*

*3RD PERSON POV*
"Is that your breakfast little one, hmm?" John cooed as he bounced Ivy in his arms while putting her morning together her morning bottle. "Yes, that's your breakfast, yes it is." He smiled, absentmindedly bouncing her to a beat as he hummed a little to himself. The bassist had been working on a few new bass riffs the last week and couldn't get some of them out of his mind it would seem as he tapped his fingers against the baby's bum to the same rhythm.

"Have I woken in a universe where we have two babies or am I seeing things?" Freddie chuckled as he walked through to the kitchen, finding it funny to see his love with a baby when theirs was still growing in his belly.

"I love her, but I'd rather just have the one." John laughed, turning to face his boyfriend with another smile as he continued to bounce the bub happily. "I said we'd watch her while Bri and Rog went to talk to Penny." He added, watching Freddie nod as he leaned in to kiss him good morning, his lips lingering a little as he just loved being close to John.

"Good morning beautiful girl." The frontman smiled himself, kissing her forehead softly before taking her from John's arms into his own. "Have you been good for Uncle John?" He asked in his baby voice as Ivy made some noise, smiling up at him. The action made Freddie's heart swell, the singer being quick to think of doing this with his own baby in six months time.

"She's been perfect." John smiled yet again, testing the bottle heat on his wrist before handing it to Freddie to give to his niece. "Would you like some tea love?" He asked, Freddie nodding as Ivy started sucking hungrily on her bottle, so quickly that the older thought she may choke if she didn't slow down. "How did you sleep?" He quizzed, leaning against the counter as he waited for the water to boil for their tea.

"I had a horrible dream." Freddie sighed as he kept his eyes on the little bundle in his arms.

"Oh Fred." John frowned, placing his hand on his love's shoulder.

"It's fine, I'm fine." The singer mumbled, shaking his head. "It's just stuck with me a little." He added, still feeling shaken over the dream that kept him awake half the night.

"You could've woken me up Fred." John sighed, squeezing his shoulder soothingly. "I would've been there for you." He frowned again, hating that his other half had such a hard time while he was snoring his head off right beside him.

"I didn't want to wake you lovey." Freddie said seriously. "It was just a dream, I just...I overthought it that's all." He shrugged, placing Ivy's now empty bottle on the counter behind him before shifting her over his shoulder to burp her.

"If you were so caught up on it you should've woken me up, you numpty." John smiled weakly, wishing he could've helped Freddie through however he was feeling. "I wouldn't have minded."

"I didn't want to wake you up at 2am because I was scared of a silly dream I had John." Freddie muttered, rolling his eyes at himself as the baby let out a burp and he moved her off his shoulder.

"What was it about?" The bassist quizzed, curious to know what had gotten him so rattled. John had never seen him so guarded about something before, usually being the only person Freddie would really open up to and trust with everything.

"It...it doesn't matter." He shrugged, avoiding John's eyes as he stared down at Ivy instead, not wanting to think too much about what made him so anxious. Freddie had never had a dream that felt so real before and he didn't want to have another one again! The idea of what he dreamt being a possibility was enough to make him never want to think about it again.