THE WEEKEND PART ONE

The smoke of weed fills the air. Jaylin and his friend T are laying  in bed passing a joint not a care in the world. 

Jay: "T, I'm so bored."

T: "What do you mean?"

Jay: "Like in general, with life, everything. I just got out of a bad relationship and the only friend I have is you."

T throws a pillow at Jay's head.

T: "What's that supposed to mean?"

Jay: "First off that hurt, and second I didn't mean it in a rude way. I just want a chance to meet someone new. Anyone. But no one could ever replace you. You know that... right?"

T: " I wasn't sure until a few seconds ago. But yes. I always have your back. It's Friday and we are laying here getting high! Is this where our lives is heading? We should be going out having fun. Let's do something tonight!"

Jay:" Do something? Like what?"

T: "I met this guy earlier who invited me to this party that starts at 8. We should go!"

Jay: "And you are just now telling me this? T! We could have been planning to go to this party this whole time but, no you always wait until the last minute."

T: "Fine, since you're making a big deal out of it we will just stay here."

Jay: "That doesn't mean I don't want to go. T, it's a party of course I want to go."

T: "OK hand me my phone I need to text the guy to get his address."

Jay hands T her phone. She gets the address.

T: "OK he texted me the address."

Jay: "That was fast."

T: "Yeah, T may get some dick tonight!"

Jay: "I don't need to know that!"

T:" Don't be mad that you are getting washed up. Maybe you should find you a new man."

Jay: "After that last relationship I'm good for a while."

T:" Don't beat yourself up. The right man or woman will come."

Jay smiles and so does T.  Jay hugs T and she hugs back.

T: "Now we have to find us something to wear."

8 PM THE PARTY 

The room is filled with alcohol and people dancing. There is a disco ball that reflects off the walls.

Eli: "Man this is going to be the party of the year."

Ricardo: "Yeah man... the party of the year."

Eli: "What's wrong with you? You have been down all night."

Ricardo: "It's my girl man. She was supposed to be here but she said something came up."

Eli: "Sorry to hear that man but, look around at all these beautiful ladies, dance with one of them. Dancing is harmless."

Ricardo:  "You told me that you had something to tell me?"

Eli: "Yeah I almost forgot. I saw this fine girl on campus earlier today and invited her to the party."

Ricardo: "That's it?"

Eli: "Yeah she said she is bringing a guy friend of her's. Maybe you guys can become friends so you don't have to spend time with me 24/7."

Ricardo: "What's wrong with hanging out with you?"