one.

"GET THE FUCK OUT!" She yelled.

I didn't say anything. It was silent.

"GET OUT!!!" She screamed.

The car suddenly came to a stop, and she had pulled over on the side of the road next to the gas station. I opened the backseat door, and stepped out of the car looking at her. Her head stayed forward not looking at the tears running down my cheeks. Once I closed the door, the car sped off, and I watched it disappear into the sunset.

Laughter made its way into my right ear, causing me to turn my head towards the gas station.

A group of boys were walking down the sidewalk laughing and eating a bunch of different snacks.

I sniffled and began to wipe my tears. My legs started to walk the opposite way of them to the bus stop. I sat on the dirty brown bench crossing my legs, and putting my hands in my lap.

Please don't come over here. Please don't come over here-

I hoped that they weren't going on the bus too, but just my luck they all stopped and looked at me.

"Hello" One boy looked at me. He was tall and dark skin.

I let out a small smile.

"Are you okay?" Another boy spoke. He was light skin, and tall. His hair was a golden brown color, and waves dipped throughout his head. He was definitely cute.

"Yea. I'm fine."

"Do you know the bus isn't coming tonight? The schedule changed for Wednesday's." The dark skin boy spoke again.

"Fuck." I whispered.

"Do you want a ride to wherever you're going?" Another boy spoke up. He was light skin, with black curly hair. He looked older than all of the other boys.

"Um no I'm fine....I'll walk." I got up and started to walk away, crossing the street, and getting on the other side of the gas station.

It was a couple of seconds before I heard someone running behind me.

"Wait!" A voice called out. I turned around to see the tall light skinned boy with golden hair behind me. He was eventually walking beside me, but I didn't say anything.

"It's dark and dangerous, so I didn't want you to walk alone."

"It's fine. Nobody is gonna do anything to me."

"Are you from around here?" He looked down on me.

"Something like that." I shrugged. "You're from the city aren't you?"

"If that's what you call Chino Hills" he laughed.

"You're from Chino?"

"Yea."

"Why are you in Oakland?"

"Basketball."

It was quiet between us because I had nothing else to say.

"My name is LaMelo" he blurted out.