fourty-two.

NOVEMBER 25

POV: LANI

"THANK YOU MIAMI!!" I blew kisses, and walked off of the stage.

Everyone said good job to me, and the mechanics crew started to pack up back stage. Tonight, I finally get to go home to my husband. I've been on tour for the past month, and haven't seen him in the flesh. He's been starting for the Lakers, and trying to get his position of team captain back from LeBron. We don't talk that much because of how busy we've been, and I think our time together is long overdue. The kids have been on tour with me for about a week now. It's kinda hard always watching out for them when I have meet and greets but my fans love them, and my staff is always making sure they're safe.

"Where's my babies?"

"In your room." Micah pointed towards the dressing room.

When I opened the door, Jamal was sitting on the couch while my kids were watching Melo's basketball game. I've never seen children pay attention to sports the way mine do.

"Mommy!" Damien hugged my legs.

"Hi my love."

"Are we going home now?"

"We are." I kissed his forhead. "Go get your backpack."

Luckily I had an early greet before the concert with my fans. I want to focus the night on getting home to Melo.

"Liyah?"

"Hmm?"

"Are you ready?"

"Yes."

"Go with Ryan. Get on the bus with your brother."

She got up and followed Damien out of the room to get into the tour bus with my manager.

"I love them so much." Jamal stood up from the couch.

"I do too. They're just a lot of work."

"I know you miss him." He referenced towards Melo.

"I do. We haven't talked in almost two weeks. The time differences, and his game times with my concert schedule is really mixed up."

"Did you tell him your coming home tonight?"

"Nope." I smiled. "He thinks Ryan is gonna bring the kids home, and I have a concert tomorrow."

"Ohhh so you're surprising him."

"I am."

"And the baby?"

I loved talking to Jamal because he's an amazing listener. He's always been there for me ever since I signed to the label. I tell him everything about my personal life, because his advice is A-1.

"We haven't started trying yet. I thought January would be a perfect time since my tour ends in March."

"That's good thinking." He nodded. "What gender are you looking towards?"

"Another girl." I smiled.

"And Melo?"

"I don't think he really cares...but probably a boy."

"I so excited for you two."

"Me too. I miss being pregnant." I rubbed my belly.

"Can we get Lani to section 4? Code Blue!" Jamal's Walkie-Talkie ruined our conversation.

"Copy that." He spoke into it.

I followed him out of the room and we walked down a row of hallways. Section 4 was an underground tunnel that leads to a parking structure where my tour bus is.