fifty.

POV: Lani

Location: Oakland, CA📍

April 20

"You're going to be fine mama."

"No, I'm scared. What if-"

"Stop with the what if's....you're family is going to love you."

"And if they don't?"

"They will."

I huffed and adjusted the phone on my ear. I haven't seen LaMelo in about a week, and I miss him so much. It sucks that he has to travel, but eventually his season will be over, and we'll get to be together throughout my pregnancy.

"You're coming over tonight?"

"Mmhm."

"Okay...I love you."

"I love you too Bebe."

The line went dead, and I turned off my phone screen before setting it back in my purse.

"Okay! I got the snacks." Makayla opened the passenger door. She was holding two plastic bags from the gas station we stopped at.

"Momma! I got gummy's!" Damien was buckling himself into the seat, as well as his sister.

"Oh yea? What did you get me?"

"Sours!"

Makayla handed me a bag of colorful sour gummy worms.

My favorite.

"Thanks."

"For sure. Did you fill up the tank?"

"Mmhm. How much longer am I going to have to drive?"

For some reason Makayla talked my kids into convincing me to drive. It's their first road trip. Although, I wish I would've taken a plane. This is exhausting....

"Google says an hour."

I started the car, and placed my foot on the gas pedal. I've been driving all day, and it's an understatement to say how nervous I am to meet my siblings. I also haven't seen my Aunt Lily, Bea, or Trey, since the last time LaMelo and I went to Oakland. I think my kids will get along with they're big cousins just fine though.

"Did you call LaMelo?"

"Mmhm."

"And he's coming tonight?"

"Yea, after his game."

"What about Lonzo?"

"What about him?" I rolled my eyes.

"Look sis, I know you don't like him-"

"I don't have a problem with Lonzo...I've never had a problem with him. I have a problem with the two of you together."

"When did you know LaMelo was the love of your life?"

"Hmm?" I was confused on why she changed the subject.

"When did you know you wanted to be with him forever?"

"After I overdosed." She seemed taken by surprised when I told her. I don't really like throwing this information out to anyone, but I assume my sister would respect me...instead of judging me.

"Yo-you overdosed?"

"Yea...at his birthday party."

"What happened?"

"I was surrounded by drugs, and ended up overdosing and having multiple seizures from cocaine."

"They took you to the hospital though...right?"