nine.

JULY: Month #1
LANI'S POV

"I'll see you later." I yelled to my Granny as I walked out of the house.

My BMW was parked outside of my house, and I took out my keys from my purse, unlocking the door.

About three weeks ago, I got my license, and Melo officially gave me his car.

I haven't talked to him since Tuesday, and it was currently Friday. Luckily today is the Fourth of July, so he's coming back. I'm actually on my way to pick him up from the Airport.

This morning I woke up to a text from him. He sent me a link to his Spotify playlist that was private, but allowed me to see it. It was called "Mi Bebè."

Right now was the first time I would be listening to it.

The first song was "With You" By Drake ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR, and the last song was "Nothing Even Matters" By Ms. Lauryn Hill. Melo, and everyone in the world knows she's my favorite artist. I have a fucking tattoo of her on my arm.

I started playing the first song before placing the key into the ignition, and driving away.

The ride wasn't very long, considering it was the middle of the day, and traffic hadn't yet gotten heavy. I sang along to the songs that I knew, and payed attention to their lyrics. Melo and I often communicated through music. It was weird, but it works for us.

When I arrived to the airport, Melo was waiting outside of the pick up line. He had on red Nike slides with white socks and black shorts. His shirt matched his slides, and his Dre. Beats sat comfortably on his head. His eyes looked around for my car, and I smiled. I missed those eyes so much. Sure there was FaceTime, but it's nothing like talking to someone, and seeing them in person.

Once Melo found the car, he pulled his luggage with him, and I popped the trunk without getting out of the car. He placed his bags inside of the back compartment, and closed it. A couple of seconds later, he pulled on the door handle, and got into the passenger seat.

"Hi mamas." He pecked my lips.

"Hi Bubba." I started to drive away.

"I missed you."

"I missed you more." I laughed.

"What are all of these boxes?" He looked in my backseat. "There were some in your trunk too."

"You'll see."

"Yea alright." He nodded.

"How's your dad?"

"The same as always."

"He's still being mean?"

"He says I haven't been focused ever since I met you."

Damn. That kinda hurt. Thanks LaVar.

"Oh." I mumbled.

"Lani, you already know that's not true, plus season doesn't even start until August."

It was quiet between us. I didn't know what else to say to Melo. A couple of minutes later, I arrived at an apartment complex. Melo didn't know that though. We got out of the car once I parked, and connected hands for the first time in a month.

"Where are we?" He looked around.

114

I read the door number in my head.

I pulled out the keys and showed them to Melo.

"My new apartment." A huge smile appeared on my face.