fourty-nine.

POV: Lani

Saturday: April 13th (Damien's Birthday)

"Where is he?"

"In my room."

This morning I dropped Damien off at Ryan's house so we could plan his party as a surprise. Melo and I decided to have it at Chuck E. Cheese since he has been begging us to take him there.

"Hi Papa!"

"Hi." He mumbled.

"You're not still mad at me....right?"

This morning Damien threw an entire fit because he didn't wanna come to Ryan and Micah's house. Melo left for practice while Makayla and Liyah started to decorate the house.

"Let's take a picture to send to Daddy."

I squatted down, and pulled out my phone. "Come on smile."

"Alright, if you wanna be mad all day, then I'll tell everyone to go home and not come to the party

"Alright, if you wanna be mad all day, then I'll tell everyone to go home and not come to the party."

"Nooooo!" Damien stood up from the edge of the bed and wrapped his arms around my leg.

"Then come on, let's go." I picked him up and we walked out of the room. "I'll see you in an hour Ryan."

"Alright!"

I nodded my head and opened the front door. Today I'm driving the Porsche, which is my son's favorite car. He only likes it because I let him play the music.

"Can we call Dada?"

"I think he's still at work, but we can try." I was buckling Damien into his car seat before getting into the driver's seat.

Once I began to drive, I dialed Melo's number and it hooked up to the car speakers.

"Hey Mama." He answered.

"Hey, Damien wanted to talk to you."

"What's up Papa."

"Hi Dada....are you coming to my birthday?"

"I am...me and uncle Zo are on our way right now."

"Um no!" I interrupted the conversation. "Tell Zo to take his ass somewhere. He tryna get at my sister."

"She's 18."

"That's too young. We're not gonna repeat you and Courtney."

"Watch your mouth." Melo chuckled. "You act like I won't make you spread them legs righ-"